Week 4 Thread: (2-1) Commanders at (1-2) Cardinals, 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

2-2.  

The Cardinals know this offense.  I don’t think it‘s going to be a close game, honestly. 

Different defensive coordinator and most of the defenders are different from when Kingsbury was HC of the Cardinals 2 years ago. The turnover of the Cardinals roster the last two years has been similar to what Peters/Quinn are doing to the Rivera guys.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I am hoping McBride is healthy, not just for my main fantasy team, but to see how we handle a legit TE who can do it all.  TE has historically been a position we struggle to defend. 

I will be interested to see how well we do vs a good TE too. We did well vs TEs while Curl was covering them from 2020-23. It will be interesting to see if we struggle vs McBride and if we do it will just be another thing that points to Peters/Quinn making a mistake in not valuing Curl enough to re-sign him.

Edited by turtle28

Here's the graph using DVOA metrics.

Of the top 12 all-time worst Defenses ever? From 1979 - till now? Through the first 3 weeks of the season?

Washington ranks #8 on the list. Here's the list. (We're the only team on there with a winning record & only the Chiefs of 2002 had even a win under their belt)

https://ftnfantasy.com/nfl/week-3-dvoa-here-come-the-buffalo-bills

Worst Defensive DVOA Through 3 Games, 1979-2024
YEAR TEAM W-L DVOA
2006 HOU 0-3 49.3%
2008 DET 0-3 44.4%
2002 KC 1-2 40.7%
1979 NO 0-3 39.9%
2023 DEN 0-3 39.8%
1985 CIN 0-3 38.5%
2008 STL 0-3 37.8%
2024 WAS 2-1 37.5%
2000 SF 0-3 37.3%
2013 WAS 0-3 37.2%
1990 SEA 0-3 36.0%
1979 CIN 0-3 35.0%
Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

How many still do? Murray is a big one, but he's playing offense. 

Doesn’t mean that they aren’t pulling him into meetings to help dissect some things.  Zaven Collins and Buddha Baker are the names who stick out to me who were there as well.  

When you have someone with as intimate knowledge as Murray does, you use it.  Kingsbury is going to have to throw some new twists in this week. 

• Like 1