Idea for Rb's next year.

mar29020

Totally a freak injury that’s a Thompson got hurt on. I wouldn’t exactly say he’s injury prone because he was blocking on a play, Cousins scrambles and a defender fell into the back of his leg and it broke. 

He’s  been durable since his first two years.

He played 13 games in 2015, 16 games last year and played 10 this year before breaking his leg.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’d rather draft a rookie stud who has at least 4 good years infront of him rather than sign a 30 year old has been.

The thing about gruden is he gonna probably switch it up 

I mean McCoy can do everything he's having a good year and Murry lost touches due to Henry but Murry still has it 

either way if there free agents I'd sign them we don't need a young prospect RB unless gruden actually commits to a running game . Other wise we are wasting a high pick but a Murry and Thompson dou would really be great . 

12 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

The thing about gruden is he gonna probably switch it up 

I mean McCoy can do everything he's having a good year and Murry lost touches due to Henry but Murry still has it 

either way if there free agents I'd sign them we don't need a young prospect RB unless gruden actually commits to a running game . Other wise we are wasting a high pick but a Murry and Thompson dou would really be great . 

There both going to be way more expensive than a rookie and they are both going to be 30. If we sign a FA RB - which I honestly don’t want to do at all - I’d sign a guy coming off his rookie contract like Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

There both going to be way more expensive than a rookie and they are both going to be 30. If we sign a FA RB - which I honestly don’t want to do at all - I’d sign a guy coming off his rookie contract like Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill.

How would they be expensive at 30? No dude forget crappy running backs we need a good one I speak for everyone here I'm tired of ****ty running backs id even take Alfred Morris back 

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I read your post. I also don't agree with your post and I explained why. Bibbs is not a good player. Perine doesn't have the explosiveness or speed to be an every-down back but he's a good back up. You have to have a bellcow to tote the rock 20-25 times a game. You can split carries between crap all you want but at the end of the day it's still crap. We need a stud. 

This. I'm not a fan of splitting carries as I think it prevents RBs from finding a groove.

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I read your post. I also don't agree with your post and I explained why. Bibbs is not a good player. Perine doesn't have the explosiveness or speed to be an every-down back but he's a good back up. You have to have a bellcow to tote the rock 20-25 times a game. You can split carries between crap all you want but at the end of the day it's still crap. We need a stud. 

READ THE POST

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

And way better ,, he was very underrated 

Westbrook wasn’t better than Thompson, just bigger and not different. I’ve looked it up before, they’re really about the same the main difference is Westbrook was a few inches taller and about 15 pounds heavier. Westbrook got more touches but that doesn’t mean he was more talented or something, just bigger and durable enough to be a feature back for a few years.

14 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

READ THE POST

I believe he read it as we all did and no one agrees. 

1. Perine seems like a good reserve to have and a good short yardage type back but he doesn’t seem like the type of guy we want to get most of the touches for years to come. He’s a power back - which is great - but he doesn’t have a lot of wiggle or speed, many of his runs would go for twice as long or for TDs if we had a running back with more speed and quickness.

2. The amount of touches Thompson was getting this year was perfect. He was averaging 10 touches a game (6 carries and 4 receptions) and accounted for 804 yards and 6 TDs through 10 and a half games.

3. Bibbs seems like a fine reserve but not for one second would I choose to give him any snaps over Thompson. 

The skins need get a do it all ultra talented back who could be an everydown back like they used to have with Clinton Portis. They should draft this player in round 1 or 2 or there’s a few backs they could sign as free agents as well but it would make more sense to draft someone.

Archived