Idea for Rb's next year.

mar29020

starters

1a Chris thompson

1b perine

-they both share carries but Thompson takes on a heavier role because we keep bibbs as our 3rd down back. bibs has been a good player and can allow us more flexibility with thompson in the run game. Rob Kelly can take a hike, thoughts??

They have to get a stud back. This draft is pretty loaded with them and if Guice is still there in the first I'd consider it. CT25 is an awesome gadget back but he can't stay healthy enough to be a 20-25 carry back. Guice, Chubb, Kerryon Johnson, Damian Williams are all backs that could light up defenses. We have to come out of this draft with one of them. CT25, Perine and one of the aforementioned backs would be a nice stable. 

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Thompson can't be our starter. He's our 3rd down guy and change of pace back. He's more valuable to us that way

did you read the post? it says 1a and 1b. he could split carries with perine and take on a bigger role. we need to have him on the field more and bibs can play the 3rd down role.

2 hours ago, mar29020 said:

did you read the post? it says 1a and 1b. he could split carries with perine and take on a bigger role. we need to have him on the field more and bibs can play the 3rd down role.

No. You've already seen what these guys bring to the table and it's not much. Perine is a back up and Bibbs is camp fodder. CT25 is a pro bowl level player who's too small to be an every-down back. You have to get a starter this off-season or it's going to be the same old crap all over again next year. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

No. You've already seen what these guys bring to the table and it's not much. Perine is a back up and Bibbs is camp fodder. CT25 is a pro bowl level player who's too small to be an every-down back. You have to get a starter this off-season or it's going to be the same old crap all over again next year. 

brian westbrook was a everydown back.

Just now, mar29020 said:

i said split carries read the post 

I read your post. I also don't agree with your post and I explained why. Bibbs is not a good player. Perine doesn't have the explosiveness or speed to be an every-down back but he's a good back up. You have to have a bellcow to tote the rock 20-25 times a game. You can split carries between crap all you want but at the end of the day it's still crap. We need a stud. 

5 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

fact of the matter is CT is to talented not to be used more.

They tried to use him more and he ended up getting hurt again. Sure, this time it was a freak injury but they were using him as much as possible. You get another stud and then you use them both the way New Orleans uses Ingram/Kamara. 

Archived