Idea for Rb's next year.

mar29020

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Westbrook wasn’t better than Thompson, just bigger and not different. I’ve looked it up before, they’re really about the same the main difference is Westbrook was a few inches taller and about 15 pounds heavier. Westbrook got more touches but that doesn’t mean he was more talented or something, just bigger and durable enough to be a feature back for a few years.

Ctfu u think chris Thompson better than Brian Westbrook? Turtle he got like 1200 yards in a season rushing with less than 300 carries 

hes who Thompson hopes he can be 

there not equal Westbrook was better than Thompson at everything 

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I believe he read it as we all did and no one agrees. 

1. Perine seems like a good reserve to have and a good short yardage type back but he doesn’t seem like the type of guy we want to get most of the touches for years to come. He’s a power back - which is great - but he doesn’t have a lot of wiggle or speed, many of his runs would go for twice as long or for TDs if we had a running back with more speed and quickness.

2. The amount of touches Thompson was getting this year was perfect. He was averaging 10 touches a game (6 carries and 4 receptions) and accounted for 804 yards and 6 TDs through 10 and a half games.

3. Bibbs seems like a fine reserve but not for one second would I choose to give him any snaps over Thompson. 

The skins need get a do it all ultra talented back who could be an everydown back like they used to have with Clinton Portis. They should draft this player in round 1 or 2 or there’s a few backs they could sign as free agents as well but it would make more sense to draft someone.

Jesus turtle READ THE POST ? 

9 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Ctfu u think chris Thompson better than Brian Westbrook? Turtle he got like 1200 yards in a season rushing with less than 300 carries 

hes who Thompson hopes he can be 

there not equal Westbrook was better than Thompson at everything 

Yeah, I don’t think Westbrook was better, he was just used more. If Thompson was 5’10, 205 he’d do what Westbrook did and we wouldn’t be looking to draft or sign a starting rb. The only thing keeping Thompson from being as productive as Westbrook was for his 2 best years in the NFL is Thompson’s size.

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Jesus turtle READ THE POST ? 

I just read it for the 3rd time before I posted this well thought out response. Maybe you or Mar should try giving a well thought out counter response to the rest of us because we just aren’t getting what you and Mar’s points are. Read the post just isn’t doing it.

I don't even think you can mention Chris Thompson as a solution at RB. He is a third down or change of pace guy. We need a starting RB who can stay on the field all of the downs and that guy is not on this roster. Gruden doesn't value running backs because he doesnt value the run game. 

Archived