Do you have faith Jalen Hurts can be the 2022 QB we saw, or is it over

Do you have faith Jalen Hurts can be the 2022 QB we saw, or is it over  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have faith Jalen Hurts can be the 2022 QB we saw, or is it over

• Yes, he can be salvaged with better coaching
    • No, 2022 was the exception, what we are seeing now is the rule

Even if he magically stops turning the ball over at an alarming rate, Hurts' wheels ain't what they were in 2022, so probably not. There is a small chance tho, since our schedule isn't really all that hard.
Steelers and Ravens might be the only 2 playoff teams we face the rest of the way.
Browns look like crap. Bengals looks like crap. Jags look like crap. Rams look like crap, but should be healthier when we play them. Entire NFCE looks beatable.
So there is a chance Hurts looks better, but almost definitely won't look as good as '22, even if we win 11+ games.
Teams still have to respect Hurts potentially running, but they don't have to fear it like they did in '22.

Edited by Jeezla

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Even if he magically stops turning the ball over at an alarming rate, Hurts' wheels ain't what they were in 2022, so probably not. There is a small chance tho, since our schedule isn't really all that hard.
Steelers and Ravens might be the only 2 playoff teams we face the rest of the way.
Browns look like crap. Bengals looks like crap. Jags look like crap. Rams look like crap, but should be healthier when we play them. Entire NFCE looks beatable.
So there is a chance Hurts looks better, but almost definitely won't look as good as '22, even if we win 11+ games.
Teams still have to respect Hurts potentially running, but they don't have to fear it like they did in '22.

He’s 26 years old idk what the hell happened to his legs

this is Leveon bell, Todd gurley esque

9 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

He’s 26 years old idk what the hell happened to his legs

this is Leveon bell, Todd gurley esque

squatting heavy weight isn't good for the joints, and that's what he does every time we tush push. If the tush push was never in the playbook, Kelce would probably still be our C and making way less money than he is now.

Edited by Jeezla

He is what he is. He is a top 15 QB who can play really good ball when he has top weapons and solid OL play around him.

With that being said, it’s tough to evaluate him today with what we had at WR. John Ross, Paris Campbell and Jahan Dotson is about as bad as it gets from a WR core standpoint. Then add onto the fact the way the game went and it made things even tougher. But he is not a top 7 QB nor will he ever be. I am going to wait to see how things go when we can get more healthy on that side to make my final ruling on him.

On a side note: Howie trading a third for Dotson is just abhorrent. Peters is looking brilliant so far for the commanders.

Edited by Wentz you dog you

39 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

He is what he is. He is a top 15 QB who can play really good ball when he has top weapons and solid OL play around him.

With that being said, it’s tough to evaluate him today with what we had at WR. John Ross, Paris Campbell and Jahan Dotson is about as bad as it gets from a WR core standpoint. Then add onto the fact the way the game went and it made things even tougher. But he is not a top 7 QB nor will he ever be. I am going to wait to see how things go when we can get more healthy on that side to make my final ruling on him.

On a side note: Howie trading a third for Dotson is just abhorrent. Peters is looking brilliant so far for the commanders.

lol pump the brakes on washington

let them play someone first. Also let them do it for more than 4 games. Daniel’s has had a great start but it’s week 4

seattle was 3-1 last season too. 

Lol no! He shouldn't have even been the QB in 2022.  It was blatantly obvious to anyone that didn't have their head in the sand in 2022, and it's certainly no less blatant now that 2020-2021 Hurts is who Hurts his with just slower wheels now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

lol pump the brakes on washington

let them play someone first. Also let them do it for more than 4 games. Daniel’s has had a great start but it’s week 4

seattle was 3-1 last season too. 

Washington could finish with seven wins and it wouldn’t change the fact that Daniels is the best QB in the division already 

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I do. I don't think 2022 Hurts was some way different QB. He just was taking care of the ball better.

If you're referring to him as a passer, ABSOLUTELY!  He's no different than he was in 2022.  He still can't get beyond his 2nd read(if he even gets there) and as an added bonus he's no longer a weapon in the run game.  His ability to run masked a lot of his issues and Shame Steichen masterfully schemed up plays to get Hurts primary reads open.  He's done man.

20 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

If you're referring to him as a passer, ABSOLUTELY!  He's no different than he was in 2022.  He still can't get beyond his 2nd read(if he even gets there) and as an added bonus he's no longer a weapon in the run game.  His ability to run masked a lot of his issues and Shame Steichen masterfully schemed up plays to get Hurts primary reads open.  He's done man.

Go Ahead Yes GIF

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I do. I don't think 2022 Hurts was some way different QB. He just was taking care of the ball better.

Having a Top 5 Defense that almost broke the single season Sack record sure helped too. More stops, more punts, more TO's,  more offensive possesions, shorter fields! Just saying. 

Eagles have a whopping 6 Sacks and 2 TO's thru 4 weeks. In 2022 they had 15 sacks and 10 TO's (10) thru 4 weeks!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

He makes the same mistakes over and over again. Seemingly either the coaches aren't getting through to him or he doesn't care and thinks he can do whatever he wants. From his press conferences I think he believes he can do no wrong so I doubt he tries to improve his game. What's his contract situation after the season? Should call around to see if anyone is interested in a trade, especially if they can't move on after the season.