Week 6 Thread: (4-1) Commanders at (3-2) Ravens - 1 PM on CBS

JT ate this up in the long video I posted above, but I’m glad that Brandon Thorn took the time to isolate it and NFL picked it up. This was fantastic.

I will say, I know Wylie hasn’t historically been a very popular guy in Commandoland — but I recently saw a segment from the Kelce brothers podcast where Travis said that Wylie and Allegretti are two of his favorite teammates of all time.

That kind of stuff does mean something to me. It doesn’t trump bad play — ahem, Nick Gates — but it does matter to have tough guys who play hard but also make the long season a little more enjoyable for the guys around them. Especially in an OL room, those guys are a real brotherhood when you get the right group.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, e16bball said:

JT ate this up in the long video I posted above, but I’m glad that Brandon Thorn took the time to isolate it and NFL picked it up. This was fantastic.

I will say, I know Wylie hasn’t historically been a very popular guy in Commandoland — but I recently saw a segment from the Kelce brothers podcast where Travis said that Wylie and Allegretti are two of his favorite teammates of all time.

That kind of stuff does mean something to me. It doesn’t trump bad play — ahem, Nick Gates — but it does matter to have tough guys who play hard but also make the long season a little more enjoyable for the guys around them. Especially in an OL room, those guys are a real brotherhood when you get the right group.

Definitely you can tell they're well liked by their teammates.

31 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Wylie hasn’t been terrible it was the scheme that made him look like the worst tackle I ever seen last year 

makes me wonder about Howell too either way I’m happy with what we’ve got 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, e16bball said:

But, but, but, but, Bobby Johnson is a turrible coach.  

Uh huh.  

By and large the same guys from last year, and they’re playing a whole lot better. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2024 at 2:05 PM, Vladimir L said:

Wylie hasn’t been terrible it was the scheme that made him look like the worst tackle I ever seen last year 

makes me wonder about Howell too either way I’m happy with what we’ve got 

Correct. Wylie was bad last year because we just passed the ball all game long. The scheme put our OL in a bad position all game every game because had no balance on offense. The defense barely even tried to defend the run against us.

Wylie is a better run blocker than pass blocker but it also helps that our playcalling is balanced and the defense doesn't know what we're going to do every play.

https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/news/man-wanted-for-assault-on-commanders-fans-in-federal-hill/

“The Baltimore Police Department has issued a warrant for the arrest of John Callis, 24, of Baltimore, who is accused of assaulting two 23-year-old men in Federal Hill after Sunday's Ravens and Washington Commanders football game. 

Police said Callis was shown in a viral video wearing a Baltimore Ravens jersey and assaulting the two men with Commanders jerseys.

Callis is wanted for first-degree aggravated assault and three counts of second-degree assault.“

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/news/man-wanted-for-assault-on-commanders-fans-in-federal-hill/

“The Baltimore Police Department has issued a warrant for the arrest of John Callis, 24, of Baltimore, who is accused of assaulting two 23-year-old men in Federal Hill after Sunday's Ravens and Washington Commanders football game. 

Police said Callis was shown in a viral video wearing a Baltimore Ravens jersey and assaulting the two men with Commanders jerseys.

Callis is wanted for first-degree aggravated assault and three counts of second-degree assault.“

Good. Lock his butt up.

• Like 1