Injury Updates

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/10/9/24265666/no-guarantee-christian-mahogany-elevated-2024-roster

DC saying he looked rough being it was truly his first NFL practice.  He mentioned there is not a guarantee he would make it to the active roster this year unless he shows steady improvement.  This makes sense but hoping he takes the steps to be a depth piece by the time his 21 day window expires. 

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

12 weeks I would think from video but we aren't doctors 

12 weeks? That looked like an Alex Smith type of break. Fingers crossed that it's not career ending. I really feel bad for Hutch and your team. Sucks losing your best player on defense. Praying that he comes back with zero limitations 🙏

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, St Vince said:

12 weeks? That looked like an Alex Smith type of break. Fingers crossed that it's not career ending. I really feel bad for Hutch and your team. Sucks losing your best player on defense. Praying that he comes back with zero limitations 🙏

I said never mind in the next post. Clearly broken tibia is longer 

3 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Broke tibia and fibula. Dang. 

The replay showed his lower leg flailing around.  It was kind of nasty.  The only thing we can do now is wait and hope for the best.  I don't know what "not as severe as originally though" means with his injury but I suspect more details will come out.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I hope he can get back to 100% next year. He's such a great player and a shame he got injured. 

Also, I hate Jacksonville for letting you guys get him lol

So do I.  >:(

Great player.  I hope he's back in action for the Lions soon, though!

Edited by SodeeWater_Cheezburger
  • Like 1