Week 7- Detroit Lions (4-1) @ Minnesota Vikings (5-0)

Louis Friend

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Yes that aggressiveness is why they are also one of worst in yardage given up to WR. So they live and die by it. Hopefully Detroit can take advantage of those yards and hit end zone 

well, one of the reasons they have given lot of yardage is because opponents have been passing a ton vs Vikings (no one is even close) and this is also mostly due to Vikings being ahead by atleast 2 scores for most of the games so far. In terms of yards per play conceded, defense is in top5. Also lot of yardage has been coming in garbage time.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to this one Lions fans.

I think the Lions offense is a notch Vikings offense currently perhaps when we have Hockenson fully back and humming it might be more even.

I think the Vikings defense & Scheme is a notch above the Lions

ST is a wash

Vikings have the edge due to home field advantage & the extra week to rest & prepare

28-24 Vikings

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SotanKing said:

they have given lot of yardage is because opponents have been passing a ton vs Vikings (no one is even close) and this is also mostly due to Vikings being ahead by atleast 2 scores for most of the games so far. In terms of yards per play conceded, defense is in top5. Also lot of yardage has been coming in garbage time.

exactly right.

Viking fans aren't arrogantly predicting it will be like this all year long, but it is what it is so far this season. we're surprised too.

hopefully a good game coming up for both teams!

PS: our kicker has not missed any FG's or extra points this season either. cold blooded rookie.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

exactly right.

Viking fans aren't arrogantly predicting it will be like this all year long, but it is what it is so far this season. we're surprised too.

hopefully a good game coming up for both teams!

PS: our kicker has not missed any FG's or extra points this season either. cold blooded rookie.

He is doing exactly what he did at Alabama.  I was hoping the Lions would snag him in the draft.  However, PKs are a funny position.  There isn't a "typical path" like there is at other positions.  I was pretty worried about the Lions taking Jake Bates but so far everything has worked out.  His stats are nearly identical to Will Reichard.

Jake Bates Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Will Reichard Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings Communications @VikingsPR

The Vikings are the first team to have at least eight different players with an INT and at least three different players with multiple INTs through five games of a season since the Packers in 1996.

That is a pretty cool stat.  The Vikings have a very savvy secondary but get contributions from players like Andrew Van Ginkel (Chad Greenway 2.0).  Kerby Joseph and Brian Branch have good INT stats but the Lions need to get INTs from other folks as well.  The CBs have had a couple of chances but come up empty.  The Lions CBs will find their groove with respect to INTs 

9 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

He is doing exactly what he did at Alabama.  I was hoping the Lions would snag him in the draft.

there is video of the Vikings Draft Room on that day as we were getting later into the 5th round, and our GM openly saying it's time to nail down the kicker he wants.

once Reichard was drafted in the 6th, two others went very quickly soon after.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Will the Lions score 40+ for the third straight week? Will they score 30+ on Flores for the third straight time? Will the defense get some takeaways? Big game for Arnold to step up. 

Arnold is the key.

over/under 3 penalties on Arnold? 

7 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Under 🤞🏿

I'm watching him again and this upcoming WR group I'm afraid he's going to get hit with 4.

His too grabby. If he gets beat he doesn't allow his athletic ability to close and instead instantly grabs.

i think I counted about 7 more missed holds and 3 more. DPIs 

Hoping he learns how to clean that up quickly