Week 7 GDT Denver at New Orleans Saints

Dbrog24

Well the Sean Payton homecoming is upon us. Coming off an uninspiring effort at the Chargers, my number 1 thing I'll be looking for is a bounceback game for our defense. We will have some opportunities for turnovers as the Saints are still starting Rattler who looks a little Jameis Winston-esc judging from his first start. We need Moss and our backup CBs to really step up.

For offense, we need to see some rhythm develop with hopefully Vele, Franklin and the other young guys. Our continued big question mark is our run game which has mostly been pitiful with Bo getting more yards than our backs. I want to see Estime out there for more snaps.

Ultimately I think we eek one out by 3 or something. It's gonna be a grind fest with sloppy qb play boys

@MontanaBronco discussion points:

"Payton’s return to New Orleans. Saints are coming off a rough loss to the Bucs and will be starting Spencer Rattler in an offense that at times has looked formidable and others quite pedestrian. With a healthy broncos defense one would think Rattler would be in for a long day but given we may still be without Surtain I could see some chinks in the armor.

On the other side of the ball, this is probably the most vulnerable defense Bo Nix will have played at this point in his young career. Particularly against the run. Can he take advantage and keep the offense moving throughout or will we see a an offense struggling to get things going. 

Injury Updates: Suspecting PS2 will be out. We designated McGlinchey back from IR and our OL is banged up elsewhere with Wattenberg and Palczewski out. 

Honestly not sure about New Orleans with the exception of Carr. 

Predictions: Broncos 24 Saints 17

I think we get the better of the saints on the road. Bo plays his best game of the year. Rattler struggles to get anything going and faces consistent pressure."

Edited by Dbrog24

Given PS2 is likely out, Olave and Shaheed being out is a pretty big break for our defense. 

I'm expecting a pretty vanilla offense given what Payton said a couple days ago (that there isn't as much time to game plan and implement specific strategies when on a short week). I wonder if that simplifies things for our players to allow them to play fast and effective or if it highlights how much our skills players lack talent. Obviously all eyes are on Bo each week but our run game is going to be under scrutiny this week as the saints are allowing the 4th most rushing yards the past 3 weeks. I've been underwhelmed by Estime as he's a big back but plays finesse but i'm sure he'll get some opportunities to show otherwise. 

I am excited about the (hate to say the word) potential of this team given they are the 3rd youngest team in the league. Inevitably there has to be growth as the year progresses. Curious who ends up standing out. 

This is a big psychological week as it would make a big difference going into an extended break off of a win vs 2 losses.  

Edited by grizmo78

Sure would be nice to see some consistency with our Offensive packages rather than using differing packages to  create mismatches. Its too predictable. 

Rattler's biggest plays were off PA bootlegs so contain will be an issue, especially with Kamara exploiting any cut back lanes.

We need penetration from our IDL; that is what wrecks those stretch zone concepts.

Stop the run.

Run the ball.

Win the turnover battle.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

McGlinchey and Browning activated off IR. Same with Mathis.

Browning would be a huge addition if he can play. Even if it's just on 3rd down. 

That's exceptional news and gives us even better odds for an already favored game for us. That said, I'm not convinced Mathis is better than McMillian for us...then again they both could probably be replaced. I'm just happy Moss turned out to not be the bust we worried he would be