Week 7! Eagles @ Giants. Saquon runs home!

UndyTaker

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Giants aren’t a bottom 5 team. They aren’t good, but their defense has been solid this year. 

Yea they are. They'd be 1-5 if they didn't get to play the Browns, and they have a terrible points scored/points given up differential. They might have a top 5, even top 3 defensive front 7, but they still suck as a whole.

7 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

hurts hasn’t improved in anything other than turning the ball over. That’s all I’m saying

And I'm saying not turning the ball over might be fools gold based on the fact we're playing absolute bums.
I expect to see those turnovers rear their head again when we play a good team, or even if we just play an average team, but fall behind 2 scores so Hurts starts pressing.

Edited by Jeezla

10 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah 10-14 with no turnovers and a 28-3 win

id say that’s competently managed 

but I wouldn’t expect someone who’s made an immovable decision on jalen to see anything other than he sucks

its kinda like how you tried to stomp your feet that Nick and Andy Reid would have the same affect on this team

thats the definition of blinded by hatred

Or they just completely took the game out of his hands.  It was 0-0 and the offense was going nowhere and they leaned hard on Saquan.  Did Hurts even have more than 5 pass attempts from that point forward? So competently managed = pop warner level QB play.  Got it 👍 

Just now, Jeezla said:

Yea they are. They'd be 1-5 if they didn't get to play the Browns, and they have a terrible points scored/points given up differential.

And I'm saying not turning the ball over might be fools gold based on the fact we're playing absolute bums. 

100% it might be

but he hasn’t even put the ball in harms way.

will that change playing better teams? Maybe

but maybe Jalen can regain some confidence as can the team. Maybe we can develop some better practices.

We sure as hell weren’t beating up on bums at the end of last season.

beating up on bums is already an improvement on the end of 2023

7 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

We sure as hell weren’t beating up on bums at the end of last season.

That's because we were the bums, in large part due to Hurts not playing well.

It's nice that he hasn't put the ball in harms way the last 2 weeks, although I'm pretty sure the Browns dropped like 2 could-be picks. I just don't think he will sustain it.

Edited by Jeezla

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

But is it better because Hurts has actually improved? Or has the level of competition just gotten worse?
Do you think we would lose to the Browns or Giants if you simply swapped out Hurts with Justin Fields? 

Nah.  Doesn't fit their agenda.  We're excited about Hurts handing the ball off and not turning it over.  That's the level we're working with here to satisfy some of these guys.  It's like we win a game where we don't have to bite our nails to the nub and all is well again.  Nothing to see here.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Or they just completely took the game out of his hands.  It was 0-0 and the offense was going nowhere and they leaned hard on Saquan.  Did Hurts even have more than 5 pass attempts from that point forward? So competently managed = pop warner level QB play.  Got it 👍 

lol you’re so blinded by emotion 

I think I even saw you say “of course he scored on a go route”

which is as dumb as saying “tush push TDs are the same as passing TDs”

just admit you lack an iota of objectivity when it comes to hurts. It’s fine. 

You’re completely incapable of realistically criticizing hurts

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yea they are. They'd be 1-5 if they didn't get to play the Browns, and they have a terrible points scored/points given up differential. They might have a top 5, even top 3 defensive front 7, but they still suck as a whole.

Browns, Panthers, Raiders, Titans, Patriots are all clearly worse. Rams, Dolphins, Jags, Saints, and the Cards are all in their range as well. They aren’t a clear bottom 5 team. 

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Nah.  Doesn't fit their agenda.  We're excited about Hurts handing the ball off and not turning it over.  That's the level we're working with here to satisfy some of these guys.  It's like we win a game where we don't have to bite our nails to the nub and all is well again.  Nothing to see here.

Where was any of that said

why don’t you rub one out, calm down, and actually read what’s being said you dingus 

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

lol you’re so blinded by emotion 

I think I even saw you say “of course he scored on a go route”

which is as dumb as saying “tush push TDs are the same as passing TDs”

just admit you lack an iota of objectivity when it comes to hurts. It’s fine. 

You’re completely incapable of realistically criticizing hurts

He's literally doing the same things he's been doing and now you want to praise him bc he didn't turn it over bc they hardly gave him a chance to.  Nah.  I just call it like it is.

Like I said there are positives to take from this game even if it is against the Giants.

- Adjustment in the 2nd qtr when it was obvious Hurts wasn't going to get much going.  Maybe found their identity on offense today.  One can only hope.

- Offensive line was great in the run game

- Pass rush was better. Albeit against an average at best offensive line missing their best player

- Nakobe had a competent game 

- Coverage was solid across the board

- Weren't any egregious missed tackles that come to mind

X Pass offense was a mess.  Same 3 concepts and Hurts couldn't get the ball to the open man

X Protection calls were bad.  They really miss Kelce and Hurts struggled with this again today

X Fred Johnson just got abused multiple times.  I've seen him play better than today.  Someone better teach him how to anchor and use leverage in pass protection or Hurts is going to die

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Browns, Panthers, Raiders, Titans, Patriots are all clearly worse. Rams, Dolphins, Jags, Saints, and the Cards are all in their range as well. They aren’t a clear bottom 5 team. 

Raiders and Titans are clearly better imo.  Ditto for a healthy Rams and Saints team.  The rest are debatable.