GDT: It's always Rayneing in Dallas (8-7) @ Homefield Advantage (13-2)

Blahstoise

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Didn't get to see a minute of the game, first time all year they didn't show it in my area. How did Sidney Jones look? I see he played over 40% of the defensive snaps.

I didn't as well but PE.Com has a Interview with him showing the majority of his Snaps. Other then the missed DBL move Daktabulous had for a TD, I liked what I saw. Still Rusty though which is to be expected.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I didn't as well but PE.Com has a Interview with him showing the majority of his Snaps. Other then the missed DBL move Daktabulous had for a TD, I liked what I saw. Still Rusty though which is to be expected.

Looks like Dallas' rookie CB Awuzie had a strong game, at least statistically against us.

Just now, Jlash said:

Looks like Dallas' rookie CB Awuzie had a strong game, at least statistically against us.

His one pick was a poorly under thrown ball by Foles on a scramble but remember, he played 3 QT Against Nate Sudfeld and the rest of our backups. Might explain some of it. Grain of Salt!

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That was Rasul Douglas on the TD though.

3 minutes ago, Blahman88 said:
21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That was Rasul Douglas on the TD though.

They showed a video of Sidney getting beat on a DBL move (like every friggen CB on our roster) but it was over thrown by Dak. Was that Douglas or the gm winning TD you're referring too?

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

They showed a video of Sidney getting beat on a DBL move (like every friggen CB on our roster) but it was over thrown by Dak. Was that Douglas or the gm winning TD you're referring too?

Yeah, Douglas was just straight beat on a slant route for the TD, was wondering what you were referring to in your original post.

We won't see much, if any of Sidney in postseason I don't think.

Sidney definitely bit on that double move but I think it's becoming clear our CBs are told to be aggressive with the inside routes. That's three guys on the outside who all do the same thing. Each time there's a safety over top who is supposed to allow the aggressiveness who are usually late. I'm starting to look at the safeties more now that there's plenty of evidence that our CBs are going to react to the double move as a matter of game planning.

3 hours ago, Phire said:

Sidney definitely bit on that double move but I think it's becoming clear our CBs are told to be aggressive with the inside routes. That's three guys on the outside who all do the same thing. Each time there's a safety over top who is supposed to allow the aggressiveness who are usually late. I'm starting to look at the safeties more now that there's plenty of evidence that our CBs are going to react to the double move as a matter of game planning.

Outside of the double move, I think Sidney had a really strong game. Especially if you assume the slant jump was from command from Undlin/Schwartz. If possible, Malcolm and Rodney need to realize that our corners are playing short routes aggressively and recklessly. 

15 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Outside of the double move, I think Sidney had a really strong game. Especially if you assume the slant jump was from command from Undlin/Schwartz. If possible, Malcolm and Rodney need to realize that our corners are playing short routes aggressively and recklessly. 

I agree. If the corners are being told to play the short routes aggressively there's a reason for them biting on the double move. On the few time we got burned the safety ALSO BIT on the short route which is inexcusable since there's almost no reason for that. Their job is to protect the top of that route. They've been late a few times and people get up in arms over the corners.

Archived