TARFT: New Forum, New Thread

LeeEvans

17 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I dont understand how people have such good thing teams already. I’ve got a half assed Liguria 1 team.

Like I said. I have played 2 weeks of squad battles and got Gold 2 both times (playing about half the allotted games). I've also completed the squad builder challenges, which are super easy because you can juts go on Futhead and find ones that people have done. Finally, I bought all the things from the FUT calendar. All of the loan players and coin bonuses. Those 15x 1000 coin bonuses add up very quickly.

12 minutes ago, kempus said:

Ha, I too have flip flopped with this emotion. 

Try the 4-2-3-1.

What kind of custom tactics do you use?

I've experimented with a couple of different formations including that one, but it seems like no matter what I do I get players completely out of position leaving massive passing lanes and nobody ever tight to the ball. 

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

What kind of custom tactics do you use?

I've experimented with a couple of different formations including that one, but it seems like no matter what I do I get players completely out of position leaving massive passing lanes and nobody ever tight to the ball. 

I don't put any custom tactics on, I actually find them detrimental. Its the work rates that's important imo. For a CDM, I find Medium/High is perfect. High/High is when players just run around the pitch like headless chickens and get out of position. Gueye, Bakayoko and Amartey have all been really good CDMs for me. Very athletic, good work rates and physical. They break up the ball a lot before it gets to the back line.

14 minutes ago, kempus said:

I don't put any custom tactics on, I actually find them detrimental. Its the work rates that's important imo. For a CDM, I find Medium/High is perfect. High/High is when players just run around the pitch like headless chickens and get out of position. Gueye, Bakayoko and Amartey have all been really good CDMs for me. Very athletic, good work rates and physical. They break up the ball a lot before it gets to the back line.

Good defensive midfielders have been huge in the last couple FIFAs. Wanyama has been a favorite of mine as well. 

6 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Good defensive midfielders have been huge in the last couple FIFAs. Wanyama has been a favorite of mine as well. 

Yeah, Kouyaye is another beast EPL CDM. Last year I didn't use CDMs, but this year I feel you have to because the defensive AI is so poor. 

At least until I've seriously improved my defensive skills.

Edited by kempus

This FIFA is so much easier than any other edition to make coins in Ultimate team. Heres an example. I completed all of my daily tasks in one game and this is the rewards

Buy a player - 350 

Game reward - 1584

Win squad battle reward - 400

Score 3 goals with spainsh players - bronze players pack

Score a first time shot - 800

Apply fitness card - 200

Thats 3300 coins from playing one game. All I did was buy Sandro (Everton) for 700. Play a squad battle game on semi pro. Won 7-0 with Sandro scoring 5 and also had a few first time shot goals. I have the 1000 coin boost on. Then sold Sandro again for 750. Those 3300 coins could get you a very decent player.

Edited by kempus

@kempus Yesterday was the first day I was able to really put some serious time into FIFA since I got it and I have to agree it seems much easier to get coins which is really refreshing. I'm liking my Ligue 1 team so far, Ben Arfa, Thomas Lemar, Pastore and Jovetic are a blast to play with. I just started working from home most days of the week and it takes so much self control to not get online and play FIFA while I'm "at work". 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

@kempus Yesterday was the first day I was able to really put some serious time into FIFA since I got it and I have to agree it seems much easier to get coins which is really refreshing. I'm liking my Ligue 1 team so far, Ben Arfa, Thomas Lemar, Pastore and Jovetic are a blast to play with. I just started working from home most days of the week and it takes so much self control to not get online and play FIFA while I'm "at work". 

Yeah, Ligue 1 is great for making cheaper, but very good teams. Sanson is a great CM to have. We have Mid Autumn holiday this week, but from next week I'll be lucky to get an hour a night. Which is why it's so nice to be able to get a decent amount of coins without being forced to buy FIFA points or having to graft for hours. As an estimate, I probably have close to 400k atm. 

1 minute ago, kempus said:

Yeah, Ligue 1 is great for making cheaper, but very good teams. Sanson is a great CM to have. We have Mid Autumn holiday this week, but from next week I'll be lucky to get an hour a night. Which is why it's so nice to be able to get a decent amount of coins without being forced to buy FIFA points or having to graft for hours. As an estimate, I probably have close to 400k atm. 

Jesus christ. That is unreal. I've got like 6k haha. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Jesus christ. That is unreal. I've got like 6k haha. 

Like I said, it was easy to accumulate. Play squad battles, do the squad builders and buy the things from the catalogue. That's if I sold everything in my club. I have 85k cash, I think. 

The only lucky pulls I've had from one of my packs were IF Mustafi and Dembele (Spurs). Those two sold for 100k together. 

I'm definitely getting the hang of FIFA 18. I've won 16 FUT online season games in a row. Shooting up the divisions. I have 120k cash, but I'm reluctant to change my team at the moment. Probably saving for Kante, who is ridiculous.

This new patch for FIFA has absolutely ruined it. It feels like 17 all over again with blocked shots everywhere, pace being useless and just over powered defending but we still have the much more difficult defending controls for us. This game is just not enjoyable anymore and is frustrating instead of challenging or entertaining. Once again EA has amazed with it's ability to ruin it's own game within a week of it's release. If it stays like this I'll give up on this one in a couple of weeks just like I did 17.