TARFT: New Forum, New Thread

LeeEvans

I'm still getting used to it but I think overall I do like 18 better so far. Defending is definitely hard and probably harder/more clumsy than it needs to be but I mostly play FUT/online head-to-head and when playing other people I prefer the Fifa 18 setup to 17 where everyone just played high pressure/auto-defend and had CPU do the job for them - I'd err on the side of having the user have more responsibility for defending than less.

Also do you guys have Xbox One? Would be down to play you guys some time if so. . 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

It's going to take some getting used to. The only success I've had is playing two bruising CDMs, who break up play before it gets to the backline. The goalkeepers all seem to be on roids too. Making mental saves haha. I would love to play, but I'm in China and so if I tried to play with someone from America, it would literally be unplayable. Probably wouldn't even connect. 

33 minutes ago, kempus said:

It's going to take some getting used to. The only success I've had is playing two bruising CDMs, who break up play before it gets to the backline. The goalkeepers all seem to be on roids too. Making mental saves haha. I would love to play, but I'm in China and so if I tried to play with someone from America, it would literally be unplayable. Probably wouldn't even connect. 

Really? I've conceded some ridiculously soft goals. 

52 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm still getting used to it but I think overall I do like 18 better so far. Defending is definitely hard and probably harder/more clumsy than it needs to be but I mostly play FUT/online head-to-head and when playing other people I prefer the Fifa 18 setup to 17 where everyone just played high pressure/auto-defend and had CPU do the job for them - I'd err on the side of having the user have more responsibility for defending than less.

Also do you guys have Xbox One? Would be down to play you guys some time if so. . 

I am, my GT is Fulhamfc055. I'm usually on weekday nights, my weekends have been pretty busy lately. 

I just got a PS4 last week and got FIFA this weekend. I haven't really played any video games outside of Football Manager the last few years so I pretty much suck unless I play the CPU on the two lowest difficulties. Never knew there were so many different ways to simply just shoot the ball. Gonna take a while for all the buttons to become muscle memory

Also does anyone play 2K18. That crap is so hard. I started a MyCareer and my guy is shooting 11% from the field. Man I suck at video games

Edited by dotmotion

15 minutes ago, dotmotion said:

I just got a PS4 last week and got FIFA this weekend. I haven't really played any video games outside of Football Manager the last few years so I pretty much suck unless I play the CPU on the two lowest difficulties. Never knew there were so many different ways to simply just shoot the ball. Gonna take a while for all the buttons to become muscle memory

Also does anyone play 2K18. That crap is so hard. I started a MyCareer and my guy is shooting 11% from the field. Man I suck at video games

Honestly FIFA is so hard to process all of the information and then press the right button in time. There are multiple options every pass, shot and just about everything. This FIFA is really hard to defend so that will take some time. I'm playing on World Class and it's the first time in a while where I actually feel like I'm losing a proper amount based on the talent on my team. 

The 2K series is incredibly difficult. I got 2k17 and quit after a day or two of playing. I was so awful and couldn't even come close to beating any teams haha. I couldn't figure out how to shoot and even easy looks were not falling for me. 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

I am, my GT is Fulhamfc055. I'm usually on weekday nights, my weekends have been pretty busy lately. 

Word, my GT is TwoDuckling23 (don't ask, I think it was an auto-generated name?) - same schedule on my end as well so hopefully we can figure somethin out.

And yeah I got 2k17 when it was on sale and quit after playing twice, that ish was HARD and not fun at all. 

8 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Really? I've conceded some ridiculously soft goals. 

It goes both ways. Sometimes they're incredible and other times they let soft shots straight at them, go through their legs and other ridiculous things. I don't seem to have anything in between. 

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Hah the more I'm playing it the more I'm noticing how many little mechanics in this bug me. Biggest one for me is the way the number of times you win the ball only for the dribbler's reaction times to always be better to the loose ball to win it right back. 

Yeah, the amount of times you tackle someone for it to rebound straight back to the opposition is silly. There's a lot of game play issues for me. Everyone online seems to be forced to play the same way to win. Pass around the midfield and continually turn back and pass forwards again. The mechanics of defending one-twos are atrocious too. Even if you're controling the player they automatically jump forwards making it impossible to stop the one two. Like I said, the only success I've had is in the 4-2-3-1 formations with the two CDMs, which is actually a very defensive formation. I tried 4-3-3s or 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 but they got absolutely shredded in midfield. This game is forcing me to play incredibly defensively because the defensive AI is so poor. 

One FUT addition I do like is the squad battles. If only because the rewards are really good, if you can stomach playing 10 or so games vs the computer a week. I typically don't like playing the computer because it's way too formulaic, but my team is already pretty awesome from doing squad battles and squad builders.

• Like 1

Since I moved to the 4-2-3-1, I've won 9 FUT online division games in a row, so something must be working. Current team is.

GK: Kasper Schmeichel

RB: Valencia

CB: Van Dijk

CB: Koscielny

LB: Mendy

CDM: Bakayoko

CDM: Gueye

RM: Mkhitaryan

CAM: Alli

LM: Sane

ST: Vardy

Has a nice balance of pace and power. Vardy is also incredible.