Raiders sign QB Desmond Ridder

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ve already answered that wr Corey Davis instantly becomes a starter 

latavius Murray another instant starter in the rotation

that’s not even taking ps guys into consideration 

Neither of those guys do anything to improve the offense. 

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Neither of those guys do anything to improve the offense. 

What? Lololol ok yea offense is just out there killing it huh lol. Our offensive roster is just stacked to the brim. We literally just took Desmond off of a practice squad and he instantly improved the qb room come on lol

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What? Lololol ok yea offense is just out there killing it huh lol. Our offensive roster is just stacked to the brim. We literally just took Desmond off of a practice squad and he instantly improved the qb room come on lol

The fact they are/were better players than Abdullah/Laube or Bachman says it definitely moves the needle. 

But Tommy Twiddledumb knows how to stack a roster, bro. Come on, you know it. His Chargers rosters were deeper than the meaning of life and more talented than Einstein, remember?

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

And 35 year old Murray and draft bust Coleman will do what exactly in this Getsy offense?

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

The fact they are/were better players than Abdullah/Laube or Bachman says it definitely moves the needle. 

But Tommy Twiddledumb knows how to stack a roster, bro. Come on, you know it. His Chargers rosters were deeper than the meaning of life and more talented than Einstein, remember?

This roster is a product of Gruden and JMD era bad drafts. TT inherited a mostly empty cabinet and has had one draft and FA period to work with. 

The team had Devante Adams and the offense was awful. Getsy is awful and no player off the couch is going to improve it. It needs to be blown up.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What FA on the couch moves the needle? Or are you talking 2025?

I’m not sure this is the right way to look at these types of issues. No single player sat on his couch right now is going to come in and ‘move the needle’ so as to speak, but I feel like if we get incrementally better at a few spots like RB, WR, QB then those small changes add up over time. Nothing really is going to change this year around to a winning one, but we may find a guy for two who can play a part as a backup or rotation moving forward maybe. 

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Better than ya boy lube?

I don't know who you are confusing me with, but I've can't recall once mentioning Laube or heaped any praise on him. If you want to play these gotcha games at least get your facts/posters straight. 

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’m not sure this is the right way to look at these types of issues. No single player sat on his couch right now is going to come in and ‘move the needle’ so as to speak, but I feel like if we get incrementally better at a few spots like RB, WR, QB then those small changes add up over time. Nothing really is going to change this year around to a winning one, but we may find a guy for two who can play a part as a backup or rotation moving forward maybe. 

This I agree with. Adding a 35 year RB and 30 year old WR as suggested do not add up overtime. Better getting young guys reps.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This roster is a product of Gruden and JMD era bad drafts. TT inherited a mostly empty cabinet and has had one draft and FA period to work with. 

The team had Devante Adams and the offense was awful. Getsy is awful and no player off the couch is going to improve it. It needs to be blown up.

And what did he do? 

We came into the season with a ton of unused money. We're right back to the Reggie McKenzie days of "Oh, stop complaining look how much cap space we have!" until that space goes virtually untouched and we have a depleted roster. 

Honestly, it's a little bit disingenuous to throw the blame on Gruden and JMD right now. 

Miller and Parham came from them on the OL. Tucker and Meyers (Adams when we had him) were brought by JMD, as was White (who is miscast more than untalented). Crosby, Koonce, most of whatever is eve worthwhile on D was brought in by the previous regimes. 

Telesco didn't inherit an empty cabinet. He inherited a team everyone was saying a few months ago just needed a QB (and OC in some cases after Getsy was hired, depending on how one felt about him from the onset). To circle back now and claim Telesco had nothing to work with is a nonsensical defense. 

Where was he when Getsy was named OC? Why didn't he do the GM thing and put his foot down? We had plenty of money and we didn't virtually nothing with it- similar to what he did with the Chargers up until he tried amd whiffed so bad he literally apologized in person to his DBs group. 

He did little to bring in a QB via the draft or FA beyond Minshew, which was never more than a bad pipe dream. We give AP grief for bringing Getsy in, but Telesco was already hired and in control of that situation. Getsy is as much on Telesco as he is AP, if not more. 

What actually happened is Telesco got fired by LA because he sucked at his job, he came in and allowed Luke Getsy to be hired, did his usual "standing firm" in the draft and made a shortsighted misjudgement that a QB would obviously be available at 13 and missed out, had to resort to a bum FA pseudo-bridge QB as the starter, wouldn't commit to trying to win or going ahead and tanking, brought virtually nobody in on offense outside of a backup RB, and has seen Patrick Graham's defense revert back to its mean, as expected by everyone except those with a weird affinity for the guy, and tried to hold onto valuable trade resources (Adams) long after their value dropped. 

You'll defend him because he got Bowers and you're a self-admitted Georgia homer. That's fine you're happy about that and excited about Bowers. But that doesn't absolve or negate the negatives Telesco brought with him from LA. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

And what did he do? 

Secured a top tier DT which has been a problem position for 20 years for starters. 

I get your point. And honestly, I think this could all look a hell of a lot different with better coaching on the offensive side of the ball. Getsy was a disaster in Chicago for 2 years and had no business getting a job. And I know how you feel about Graham. 

Again... I'm not a Telesco guy. I get why Davis went this route, but it was far from an encouraging hire.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

And what did he do? 

We came into the season with a ton of unused money. We're right back to the Reggie McKenzie days of "Oh, stop complaining look how much cap space we have!" until that space goes virtually untouched and we have a depleted roster. 

Honestly, it's a little bit disingenuous to throw the blame on Gruden and JMD right now. 

Miller and Parham came from them on the OL. Tucker and Meyers (Adams when we had him) were brought by JMD, as was White (who is miscast more than untalented). Crosby, Koonce, most of whatever is eve worthwhile on D was brought in by the previous regimes. 

Telesco didn't inherit an empty cabinet. He inherited a team everyone was saying a few months ago just needed a QB (and OC in some cases after Getsy was hired, depending on how one felt about him from the onset). To circle back now and claim Telesco had nothing to work with is a nonsensical defense. 

Where was he when Getsy was named OC? Why didn't he do the GM thing and put his foot down? We had plenty of money and we didn't virtually nothing with it- similar to what he did with the Chargers up until he tried amd whiffed so bad he literally apologized in person to his DBs group. 

He did little to bring in a QB via the draft or FA beyond Minshew, which was never more than a bad pipe dream. We give AP grief for bringing Getsy in, but Telesco was already hired and in control of that situation. Getsy is as much on Telesco as he is AP, if not more. 

What actually happened is Telesco got fired by LA because he sucked at his job, he came in and allowed Luke Getsy to be hired, did his usual "standing firm" in the draft and made a shortsighted misjudgement that a QB would obviously be available at 13 and missed out, had to resort to a bum FA pseudo-bridge QB as the starter, wouldn't commit to trying to win or going ahead and tanking, brought virtually nobody in on offense outside of a backup RB, and has seen Patrick Graham's defense revert back to its mean, as expected by everyone except those with a weird affinity for the guy, and tried to hold onto valuable trade resources (Adams) long after their value dropped. 

You'll defend him because he got Bowers and you're a self-admitted Georgia homer. That's fine you're happy about that and excited about Bowers. But that doesn't absolve or negate the negatives Telesco brought with him from LA. 

This

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't know who you are confusing me with, but I've can't recall once mentioning Laube or heaped any praise on him. If you want to play these gotcha games at least get your facts/posters straight. 

Check his draft thread