Raiders sign QB Desmond Ridder

RaidersAreOne

39 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm not mad at all about Ridder. 

He's cheap, experienced, and hasn't exactly played for the best teams. 

I'm not necessarily optimistic about him "turning a corner" here, but we could do a hell of a lot worse in a backup for the season. He's never going to stop us from drafting a QB, but he's young and raw enough to hang onto through next preseason to see if there's anything worth working with. 

Higher upside than Minshew at this point, and arguably more upside than AOC as an athlete. Dude got thrown to the wolves as a rookie and cast aside quick, then played backup for a lackluster Cardinals team more or less punting on last year. If someone is willing to hang onto him more than a season- as was expected necessary when he came out- they could wind up with a pretty decent long term backup QB. 

This 

Anything is better than Minshew at this point. His confidence is completely shot now. I actually feel kinda bad for him lol. 

Ridder might do ok for us. Anything will be an improvement including just punting the ball on 1st down every time after our first drive of the game.

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm not mad at all about Ridder. 

He's cheap, experienced, and hasn't exactly played for the best teams. 

I'm not necessarily optimistic about him "turning a corner" here, but we could do a hell of a lot worse in a backup for the season. He's never going to stop us from drafting a QB, but he's young and raw enough to hang onto through next preseason to see if there's anything worth working with. 

Higher upside than Minshew at this point, and arguably more upside than AOC as an athlete. Dude got thrown to the wolves as a rookie and cast aside quick, then played backup for a lackluster Cardinals team more or less punting on last year. If someone is willing to hang onto him more than a season- as was expected necessary when he came out- they could wind up with a pretty decent long term backup QB. 

I agree, Ridder feels like a guy that may be able to come in for a game or two and spark something. I don’t think he’ll ever be a stater quality player but he’s young, cheap, has some upside and really we’ve got nothing to lose really. Could be a decent backup as you say.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You act like it's easy to upgrade. Name some names that are sitting on the couch right now? Or are you suggesting they make a trade?

I would take an off the couch Corey Davis over say DJ turner or Wilkerson. 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Fair. But does that really move the needle?  

Oh definitely not Im guessing ncough wants to see that the suits are trying to improve the roster instead of status quo 

Edited by SimonGruber

59 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Oh definitely not Im guessing ncough wants to see that the suits are trying to improve the roster instead of status quo 

This we just upgraded the qb room with Desmond lol yea that’s how weak the roster is. Rather have latavius than lube or Abdullah 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

What FA on the couch moves the needle? Or are you talking 2025?

I’ve already answered that wr Corey Davis instantly becomes a starter 

latavius Murray another instant starter in the rotation

that’s not even taking ps guys into consideration