2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

KC is in FG range. Looks like we got 6th pick with Denver picking 5th. Not ideal having 3 QB needy teams ahead of us.

Giants could keep Eli or grab Cousins via Free Agency

Broncos could sign Cousins or Eli if he's released as well

There's also Bridgewater who could be out there as well could be intriguing to both those teams.

Browns will def go QB #1, maybe we could jump from 6 to 4 on the low.

Also Alex Smith could be available to a QB needy team.

I def think Elway goes hard after a QB in free agency, he's not the type to wait.

Giants are the wildcard as they can keep Eli and grab McGlinchey and depending on who the Head Coach or OC is they can be right in playoff contention.

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Also Alex Smith could be available to a QB needy team.

I def think Elway goes hard after a QB in free agency, he's not the type to wait.

Giants are the wildcard as they can keep Eli and grab McGlinchey and depending on who the Head Coach or OC is they can be right in playoff contention.

This is what I'm thinking. I'm guessing Denver gets a player like Alex Smith. Cousins either goes to NYJ, CLE or BUF.

The x-factor is Jax. If they move on from Bortles, they can be attractive to a player like Alex Smith if he becomes available. Lots moving parts.

I think we have a good shot at Cousins. 

Just now, SDotNova said:

This is what I'm thinking. I'm guessing Denver gets a player like Alex Smith. Cousins either goes to NYJ, CLE or BUF.

The x-factor is Jax. If they move on from Bortles, they can be attractive to a player like Alex Smith if he becomes available. Lot's moving parts.

I think we have a good shot at Cousins. 

Yeah I think we can definitely intrigue Cousins but I'd consider Denver the favorite if they target him(winning Culture, Elway, etc...)

I could see us getting Bridgewater, seems like a Macc kind of move.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah I think we can definitely intrigue Cousins but I'd consider Denver the favorite if they target him(winning Culture, Elway, etc...)

I think Bridgewater is back in MIN. Don't know if KC would prefer to trade Alex to a division rival. 

If we can't have Cousins I'd gladly take Alex and draft-develop a QB... in that case, I would be on-board for Allen. I'd feel safe with Alex as a 1-3 year QB to give him as much time as he would need to develop. 

12 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Denver will have to create cap space but they are close enough to definitely be players. 

But yea that makes sense. If Denver throws their hat in the arena, they'll be the favorites. 

10 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I think Bridgewater is back in MIN. Don't know if KC would prefer to trade Alex to a division rival. 

If we can't have Cousins I'd gladly take Alex and draft-develop a QB... in that case, I would be on-board for Allen. I'd feel safe with Alex as a 1-3 year QB to give him as much time as he would need to develop. 

With the way Keenum has played for them could you see them doing that?

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

With the way Keenum has played for them could you see them doing that?

They're both free agents and the team wants Bridgewater to be their future. They almost benched Keenum after throwing 4 TDs in favor of Bridgewater. 

What Keenum is doing is fantastic, power to him. Ideally you bring both back and let them battle it out, but if you can't you're going with Bridgewater (if healthy). You know what Keenum is. History will tell you this is a flash-in-the-pan type season. Bridgewater has sustainable skill set and franchise QB potential. Only 25. 

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

They're both free agents and the team wants Bridgewater to be their future. They almost benched Keenum after throwing 4 TDs in favor of Bridgewater. 

What Keenum is doing is fantastic, power to him. Ideally you bring both back and let them battle it out, but if you can't you're going with Bridgewater (if healthy). You know what Keenum is. History will tell you this is a flash-in-the-pan type season. Bridgewater has sustainable skill set and franchise QB potential. Only 25. 

But on the flip side you're choosing a QB who just returned from a nasty knee injury over the guy who just led you to the playoffs. I understand wanting Teddy B to be the future but imo you're making a mistake at the point especially if Minnesota goes to the NFCCG.

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

But on the flip side you're choosing a QB who just returned from a nasty knee injury over the guy who just led you to the playoffs. I understand wanting Teddy B to be the future but imo you're making a mistake at the point especially if Minnesota goes to the NFCCG.

You’ve seen him in practice for half a year. You know where his health is at. Keemun is like Trent Dilfer to me. Great ride, but if you commit to him as a long-term QB you’re going to regret it. 

Archived