Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Grimes base salary for 2018 begins at $7 million, and with high play time, it can reach $8.5 million. In order to reach the $10 million figure Grimes will have to make the Pro Bowl, the Bucs will need to reach the playoffs, and Grimes will need to collect four interceptions.

LMAO. Great contract.

This ensure Grimes won’t be mailing it in which I was concerned with. If he wants all of that 10 mil he will earn it. GREAT move

Norwell getting north of 14mil is outrageous. Honestly don’t think he is worth all that. The last guard worth making the highest paid was Carl Nicks. He was dominant run and pass and I don’t think Norwell is on that level. It just goes to show you how rare ELITE OL are in the league that even above average ones are paid more than their worth. Nelson will be highly coveted in the draft and if falls to 7 we have to pull the trigger. I think NYG and DEN will take him though.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

LMAO. Great contract.

This ensure Grimes won’t be mailing it in which I was concerned with. If he wants all of that 10 mil he will earn it. GREAT move

Agreed, hopefully getting Gaines between 8 or 9 million would be nice.  Smith would be the primary backup outside with VHII, Elliott in the top 4.  I'm really hoping not addressing CB  in the draft until late Day 3.

Just now, ravishingone said:

Agreed, hopefully getting Gaines between 8 or 9 million would be nice.  Smith would be the primary backup outside with VHII, Elliott in the top 4.  I'm really hoping not addressing CB  in the draft until late Day 3.

I still go after Gaines. I can’t trust Hargreaves to play well and Licht has to win now. Plus were going to need a CB next year anyway. Gaines is 26 and worth a shot at this point. VG3 as the slot CB and he can flip flop outside with Grimes depending on the matchups.

30 minutes ago, indifference said:

LMAO. Great contract.

I would just assume it's for $8.5M. The playing time part is probably something like "play 85% of the defensive snaps" or something like that. I'd imagine he hits that no problem.

The incentives part is awesome, I agree. I'd gladly give him $1.5M more for four INTs and a playoff birth.

...you know Miko is gonna be spamming the crap out of the Pro Bowl votes to get that money. ?

8 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Jensen would move Marpet back to G, which would tell me that we're not going Nelson (which is fine with me). 

It's either Fitzpatrick, Vea or Davenport at #7 IMO. 

If we don't bring back McDonald or sign anyone other than Beau Allen then I'm assuming we take Vea too.

But I'd still bet money on Davenport, assuming Chubb is gone.

27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

How good is Jensen? I’m sure not worth the number we or someone else will pay but any idea? 

Also, signing Jensen doesn’t rule out Nelson imo. Put Nelson at the other G spot and have a sick interior line.

Archived