FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

46 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I know man that’s why I said I wasn’t calling you out because we agree on most parts. 

I would love us to get a franchise qb in the draft (that’s the best case scenario) we would have him on a cheap deal for the next five years.

The problem I have is in doing that you MUST ensure you spend big money and go get a filthy o-line, top tier quality playmakers and a bruising running game.

We have seen us draft Sanchez, Geno and Hack with high picks the last 8/9 years and bar 2010 when we had Bray, Santonio, Keller, LT, Brad Smith and a very good o-line we never have looked after our young QBs and gave them every opportunity to succeed. 

Both Sanchez and Geno were thrown under the bus and god knows where Hack is and what he’s doing. 

If we brought in Allen Robinson/Sammy Watkins along with maybe a Tyler Eifert it would give us weapons. We then should of got the best two o-lineman in FA. This is setting the young qb well. 

Instead we’ve brought back McCown and signed an ‘average’ running back. My point is what’s the point in drafting a qb this year, next year, ten years from now if the system we put them in never changes. 

We are just setting them up for failure. Macc and Bowles are in their fourth offseason: the four key points to any team are qb, lt, cb and pass rusher. Why do we still have nobody in those positions that we can build around. Why have we if anything gone back?!?

They are not up to it and the sooner we break free from this god awful regime the better. 

Ya I think the O line is the most important part.  We need to sign a C bad, and potentially get a new OG.  

I wanted Robinson really bad, but according to some reports the Jets offered more than he got in Chicago, so i can't really fault Macc to much on that one.  Watkins got WAY overpaid.  I would have been mad if we gave him that deal.  

Finding a way to get a legit TE would be massive because there is nothing that helps a young QB more than a TE he can count on.  Look at Dak, he knows he always has Witten to count on, Wentz has Ertz, Winston has Brate and OJ, Mariota has Delanie.

4 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Eifert scares the crap out of me.  Unless we get him on a 1 year prove it deal then I am out.

He atleast “stands a chance” at being a valuable weapon for a QB. Although who cares if McCown is our starter.