FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Honey Badger would be a fun pick up, Skrine has to get cut. I wonder where we are in terms of the cap now. I cant stress how much I hate giving McCown 10 million especially this early in FA. Mac has certainly made up for it with some good signings but I think he really gives out some awful contracts, and whats worse is that its always to our own FAs. Learn how to get hometown discounts man. 

• Like 1

Still hoping we look to add like a Jordan Matthews if the price is there. We just werent going to attract any true number 1s, but we could essentially have a team with 3 number 2s and a very good slot, and then throw in either Hansen or Stewart and its a very good group even without a true number 1. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Honey Badger would be a fun pick up, Skrine has to get cut. I wonder where we are in terms of the cap now. I cant stress how much I hate giving McCown 10 million especially this early in FA. Mac has certainly made up for it with some good signings but I think he really gives out some awful contracts, and whats worse is that its always to our own FAs. Learn how to get hometown discounts man. 

It really is. Almost as bad as giving Fitz his contract. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It really is. Almost as bad as giving Fitz his contract. 

Its worse. Fitz had the best season of a Jets QB and we won 10 games. McCown won 5 games, and yet again had a season ending injury is 6 years older and NOBODY WAS AFTER HIM! I still dont trust Macagnan as this teams GM, i think he fails miserably in the most important aspects of his job. Being able to bring in free agents is easy when you over pay and have the money, knowing how to gauge the market, give out correct contracts and draft well....he hasn't done any of that. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Its worse. Fitz had the best season of a Jets QB and we won 10 games. McCown won 5 games, and yet again had a season ending injury is 6 years older and NOBODY WAS AFTER HIM! I still dont trust Macagnan as this teams GM, i think he fails miserably in the most important aspects of his job. Being able to bring in free agents is easy when you over pay and have the money, knowing how to gauge the market, give out correct contracts and draft well....he hasn't done any of that. 

Well we gave Fitz more than McCown and guaranteed him more than 1 seasons with if money (I believe we had to eat 4mill for him last year). Bc it being multi year is why I say his was worse.