Mock complete with Jerry's splash pick and 2nd Rd. TE

DaBoys

I hate to even entertain being that guy, because I think he deserves a real chance in this league, but... Lamar only makes sense here if we plan to use him at receiver.

Competition is great and all, but, IMO, QB is the one spot where you kind of just have to give the job to someone. You can use Dallas' 2016 season as a counterexample if you like, but if anything that only furthers the point (we absolutely could not entertain going back to Romo once Dak had made it clear the job was his).

Having a QB on a contract that pays him less than $1M/yr (even if he's no more than average, which I believe Dak can exceed) is one of the biggest team building edges you can have. Drafting his replacement 2 years out with your highest pick is asinine. He deserves one more year at the very least.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Dallas scouts at L'ville bowl game. LOL. There's a chance DaBoys

Well the real idea of the mock, which matt addresses, is the idea of taking a QB Rd. 1. And I just picked the flashiest one because the draft is in Jerry world. There are so many QBs coming out one is liable to be there at our pick. What if Rosen goes first and a couple teams fall in love with Lamar\Mayfield.  What if Darnold is there at our pick? Are there no benefits to drafting a QB in the first? Or just not enough to justify.?

Archived