Who Shoud We Select at # 4?

Mind Character

Who Shoud We Select at # 4 (Colts Plz Win)?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Shoud We Select at # 4 (Assuming the Colts don't Screw Us)?

• DE Bradley Chubb, NC State
    • CB/S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
    • RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
    • Trade Down Baby!!
    • SS/LB Derwin James, Florida State
    • CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
    • WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama
    • Other

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I was never a big fan of Peterson coming out. He was great and all but to make him untouchable like that, that’s just hyping I’m up. Peterson might be one of the best pure Runners to come out compared to the names but his ability to catch and block were huge question marks. 

Best pure runner since at least Sanders, the knocks on him were injuries and running style.

Talent was never a concern.

LET'SGOBROWNIES.....Myles Garrett was a #1 pick and a great example. That's what I'm talking about. An EARLY pick that has sustained consistent production against GREAT competition. We all understand numbers get inflated per systems and lack of consistent competition right? The college world is based off of stats and heavily statistic awards. If that's the case, why is Darnold and Rosen ahead of Mayfield? Statistically and award driven, Mayfield should be the consensus #1 pick. But there's more to it than that. I'm saying the Browns need to do their due diligence in looking at the success of players at a consistent level against great competition. Who blows your dress up consistently at early picks. They're your bread and butter of building the foundation. The can't miss blocks. 

We can look at all the 1st Rd picks since 99, but I will stick with Peppers, Coleman and Garrett because those are the 1st Rd picks you brought up. And because it's not about 2nd Rd and later as what of I'm speaking of. It's about the Team building pyramid players frm 1st Rd picks. 

Peppers...what was the biggest issue about him? No true position at the next level. The only person that was super excited about him getting drafted was the Special Teams Coach. He has all these accolades, and awards...so he should be a no Brainer. Especially since he did it in the Big 10. His coach Harbaugh is one of the greatest player position manipulators of all time. Just look at Kaepernick. Harbaugh....like Gregg Williams made the defense the best it could be with the players they have. At the college level....it works. Ask Chip Kelly. Pro...it doesn't. That was the biggest issue with Sashi. Great business man and value innovator. Terrible talent evaluator. It was stated multiple times Hue picked Garrett, while Sashi wanted to trade out of 1 or take Trubisky.

Corey Coleman....The 1st analytics "moneyball" pick of the draft for the Browns. Great numbers for 2 years, multiple award winner in one of the most insane RPO Spread Offenses at the college ranks in Baylor. It even made RG3 and Bryce Petty look like Gods. At the end of the day, the Browns drafted him after trading back 2x to get more value instead of drafting a quality player ahead of him. We don't need to live in the past on that one with the Woulda Coulda. 

Myles Garrett...Consistently demanded double and triple teams at college ranks, and was triple teamed on the pick 6 he had last week. He played against great competition in the SEC. Not smart, but elite athletes. Where the gpa to sustain eligibilty to play football at the likes of Alabama is a 2.0. Big 10 schools like OSU, Michigan and Iowa are 3.0 or above. Regardless, the physical competition he played against week in and week out was Tops in the nation and he sustained elite status.

The Browns need to draft BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE in the 1st Rd per sustaining consistent football criteria. Not per analytics. John Dorsey I feel will bring this to fruition, and will not stretch out of his box. He gets it, and understands football. 

I will say....once you get to the later Rds and want to explore analytics to see if it is worth trying with John Dorsey at the forefront of the decision making...I'm down. 

I do get what you posted Letsgo, I just wanted to be clear that awards at the college level can be a facade and a product of a system...not of true consistency of a Pro Product Player.

The capital letters and large font happen bro. I'm not mad..haha

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Was Fournette and McCaffery not worthy picks for their teams this past season? Hell Fournette transformed that Jags offense. You are crying about this critical positions non sense. Some of the best players in the league at this positions were either a high pick or a non 1st rd pick. You are acting like every single top tier corner, DE, LB, were all high first rd picks. 

Um if the pats had a chance for a player with the skill set of Barkley they would take him hands down but those kind of players don’t fall to the pants. Also you talk about the pats. 

Selective drafting in the past is what hurt the Browns. When they past up BPA and try and get cute has hurt them. 

You don’t pass up talent like Barkley. Now if Barkley was just an avg back coming, it be a non issues but he isn’t an avg back. I’ll trust the evaluations of others than one jag off

I'm done, deal with your stink. You deserve to be the laughing stock of the NFL. Pick the RB, right into the toilet.  Both teams you mentioned haven't won crap. Jags suck for years. CP filled playoff team. Done!

12 minutes ago, dawgpound1816 said:

Peppers...what was the biggest issue about him? No true position at the next level. The only person that was super excited about him getting drafted was the Special Teams Coach. He has all these accolades, and awards...so he should be a no Brainer. Especially since he did it in the Big 10. His coach Harbaugh is one of the greatest player position manipulators of all time. Just look at Kaepernick. Harbaugh....like Gregg Williams made the defense the best it could be with the players they have. At the college level....it works. Ask Chip Kelly. Pro...it doesn't.

Peppers did have a position, or at least a fairly reasonable position to transition to, SS.  Gregg has chose double down on his questionable decision to play him at FS by then playing his fs 10 yards deeper than the rest of the league.

That was the biggest issue with Sashi. Great business man and value innovator. Terrible talent evaluator. It was stated multiple times Hue picked Garrett, while Sashi wanted to trade out of 1 or take Trubisky.

Kinda hard to credit or fault anyone for either stance tbh.  I guess we’ll have to see how their careers end up. 

Corey Coleman....The 1st analytics "moneyball" pick of the draft for the Browns. Great numbers for 2 years, multiple award winner in one of the most insane RPO Spread Offenses at the college ranks in Baylor. It even made RG3 and Bryce Petty look like Gods. At the end of the day, the Browns drafted him after trading back 2x to get more value instead of drafting a quality player ahead of him. We don't need to live in the past on that one with the Woulda Coulda. 

WR is a position dependent on the qb almost entirely.  I’d love to see what Coleman could do with a viable QB. Hell, Kizer made Flash look average.

The capital letters and large font happen bro. I'm not mad..haha

Computers, amirite?!?

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stop trolling dude.

Its not trolling.

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

They are valid points you don't want to here. I would like to see the Brown relevant again.

14 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I'm done, deal with your stink. You deserve to be the laughing stock of the NFL. Pick the RB, right into the toilet.  Both teams you mentioned haven't won crap. Jags suck for years. CP filled playoff team. Done!

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Its not trolling.

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

They are valid points you don't want to here. I would like to see the Brown relevant again.

Just stop already.

1 minute ago, dawgpound1816 said:

I feel that Gregg did that to keep everything in front of him as much as possible to be able to read and react. He must have seen in practices and tape his range is limited and that's how he manipulated his range. 

Then why continue using it when Nacua and others played there?

Archived