Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

5 minutes ago, soup's not a meal said:

We were 4-1 and defense was looking good before Aaron went down. Lets calm down. We are still the class of the NFC top to bottom. 

A GB team at full strength is probably in the top tier, but that same tier probably holds 4-6 other teams.  GB is certainly not a step above the entire NFC.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

And this is my point?  Team is entirely buoyed by Aaron.

Getting a tier 1 guy in the draft this year is gonna help more than anything I suspect. That and getting guys toward the top of every tier should help with a needed talent infusion.

2 minutes ago, soup's not a meal said:

He makes 25% of our salary cap. Last time i checked having the best player in football is still the best way to win a Super Bowl. There's no better way to do this, trust me. I wish we had hit on our later picks also but it's a lot easier said than done. 

I'll try not to be too harsh, but just check your facts before you post something like this.

Aaron costs less than the Vikings QBs by about $2M, and he accounts for 12% this year and 11% of the max cap next year.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I dunno, a healthy GB would stomp the NFC playoffs this year I feel.

I do not think a healthy GB team would stomp either a healthy MIN or PHI team.  I am really not sure what to think of the rest of the playoff field relative to GB.  I do think GB would handle CAR.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I do not think a healthy GB team would stomp either a healthy MIN or PHI team.  I am really not sure what to think of the rest of the playoff field relative to GB.  I do think GB would handle CAR.

True, not a similarly healthy Philly team.

Not sold at all on MIN though.

6 minutes ago, soup's not a meal said:

We were 4-1 and defense was looking good before Aaron went down. Lets calm down. We are still the class of the NFC top to bottom. 

I don't know about the class of the NFC - Philly and the Rams look like they could be very good for a very long time - good young QBs, complementary skill position players, stout defenses, and solid coaching staffs.  Green Bay is still in the race, but they definitely look like they are going to need some retooling to continue competing for the next 5-6 years.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Randall

King 

Jones

Adams

Biegel

RB's

That's the beginning of a resurrgance or a reason to treadmill

Not sure I'm sold on Randall.  Loved him at the end of 2015, but I've been back and forth on him the past two years.

If you're going to add non rookies like Randall, I'd also say I really like the potential of Martinez and Kenny Clark too.  I also like how Michael Clark looked in the past few weeks - we'll have to see what happens to him when Rodgers is back. 

6 minutes ago, northernpackfan said:

Agreed on Martinez and Clark - kept them off the list as they are already established, but yes they can improve, as can others.

I have stayed in Randall's camp because the issues were above the shoulders and he flashed athletically pretty darn often. Number 1 corners don't happen overnight. A change in staff will speak volumes on what we have or don't have there. 

Archived