Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

Just now, packfanfb said:

Personally, having gone back and actually listening too MM's presser I think my initial reaction that he'd be pro-Ball is way off. MM said quite a few things that I think were direct shots at TT and his way of doing business not being good enough. Sounds like MM agrees it's time to acquire some talent that isn't 21 and fresh off college exams, and I think he fears/knows that Ball would be status quo.

If true, it would make sense. MM wants to keep his job and to do that he needs to win and win big. To do that, he needs more talent on this roster.

He was very subtle and professional, like Aaron's "100% all in" comments after the ATL game, but I agree, there was definite frustration and a sense of "are we really doing everything in our power to win a SB every year?"

25 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I get the feeling the GM is going to be someone unexpected.

My bet is John Schneider at this point. No real talk around him because it will cost to get him. I expect a trade for John in the coming week.

Seattle media is nervous about it .. they don't want to lose him.  Pete Carroll has been asked about it and said he's convinced that Schneider is staying ... Schneider has not made any comments.  He hasn't come out and said .. hey, I'm staying.  I think it's a fluid situation.

Schneider's current contract doesn't have an out clause to Green Bay, but contracts in sports -- like records -- are made to be broken. Don't for a minute think Seahawks owner Paul Allen won't allow Schneider to talk to the Packers about becoming their next GM.

Until Schneider comes out and says he's staying in Seattle, nothing's off the table.

Pete Carroll said earlier this week he's "convinced" Schneider isn't going anywhere.

http://www.king5.com/article/opinion/silvi-losing-john-schneider-would-be-big-blow-to-seahawks-success/281-504982772

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I don't want Schneider.

Hasn't he sucked since Scot mcwalker left?

He's been the anti-Ted, seems to hit on defensive players regardless of the year or round, really beyond Wilson, he hasn't had a great offensive success.

Ted Schneider would make an awesome GM.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Seattle media is nervous about it .. they don't want to lose him.  Pete Carroll has been asked about it and said he's convinced that Schneider is staying ... Schneider has not made any comments.  He hasn't come out and said .. hey, I'm staying.  I think it's a fluid situation.

http://www.king5.com/article/opinion/silvi-losing-john-schneider-would-be-big-blow-to-seahawks-success/281-504982772

Of course... the man had a clause in his original contract to let him leave if he got The chance to be a GM for his home team the Packers.

At this point we all have to read Mark Murphy. The fact is John is a perfect candidate for us. He’d likely keep Eliot and Brian if they aren’t jaded and Ball as well. They all have worked together... that’s of course if there isn’t some drama between them we aren’t aware of.

Maybe Murphy is interviewing people to rub egos and make everyone feel good. I mean I still think he loves Ball but if he is the only one I don’t think he’d be that stupid to alienate the front office.

plus regardless your thoughts of Jason Wilde he has connections with Rodgers and McCarthy... I’m assuming they want John.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He's been the anti-Ted, seems to hit on defensive players regardless of the year or round, really beyond Wilson, he hasn't had a great offensive success.

He's also got a headstrong coach who has a little more power than mccathy.  I think Carroll probably is continually pushing for today.  

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think you mean Ted Schneider McTolzien Van Nostrand

Just now, Pugger said:

I thought Schneider didn't have an out clause in that contract he signed a couple of years ago.  If we want him we're gonna have to give picks and/or cash to Seattle for him.

Yeah .. that's fine ... I'd give up comp to get him.  It would be worth it for the organization if they think he's the best guy out there.  We gave up comp for Holmgren way back when .. that worked out pretty well.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He hit on players when Scot was there and they had high picks. The last 4 years are UGLY.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

He hit on players when Scot was there and they had high picks. The last 4 years are UGLY.

But do we truly know the Schneider and Carroll dynamics? Does Schneider have final say? How many times did Carroll get his way over Schneider.

The only reason why I give Schneider kudos is he has found success in multiple place in different dynamics. I think like anyone else he needs to have a strong scouting staff with him. Which again could be a Plus here if he comes in and says Eliot and Brian I need you to be my guys.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Griffin, Clark, Reed, Nazair Jones are all good young pieces to their defense, we'll see how Malik McDowell turns out too, but Bennett and Avril were pretty brilliant signings too. 

I don't like his trades, but I love his philosophy regarding athletic ability and defensive prospects. Im sure he was high on King and Jones, but Im also sure guys like Fackrell, Rollins, Ryan, Biegel, Martinez, etc would have been no where on his radar.

Archived