Cycling Thread: Bernal wins the TDF

kempus

I figured out how to stream Eurosports so I will be able to watch. I had recently subscribed to a paid streaming service mainly because it had NFL Game Pass which I imagine was the big draw to this service but it had been adding sports since I signed up at the beginning of the month and was hoping perhaps it would add cycling in time for the Vuelta. It has added various soccer leagues, International Basketball (unsure of NBA right now but hopefully), Tennis, Snooker and Darts. It also has a 24/7 stream of NFL Network and A Football Life's and Hard Knocks stored up and Bien Sports which mostly shows Soccer in Español haha. 

With such an eclectic group of sporting events I was hopeful but at least I am covered. A 24/7 EuroSports stream would fit well with this grouping I may inquire via email about that. I think it is a rather new service that started up this year and is trying to figure out what it is. 

8 hours ago, kempus said:

UAE is building quite the superteam it seems. I've been hearing that since Contador retired Trek will be looking into maybe stealing away Aru (whom looked like a UAE lock) or Landa whom Movistar was after. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

UAE is building quite the superteam it seems. I've been hearing that since Contador retired Trek will be looking into maybe stealing away Aru (whom looked like a UAE lock) or Landa whom Movistar was after. 

Landa is already confirmed to Movistar. Aru is an options, but I'm not sure Trek have the team to win a GT. Aru might be bettet at UAE with Martin.

1 minute ago, kempus said:

Landa is already confirmed to Movistar. Aru is an options, but I'm not sure Trek have the team to win a GT. Aru might be bettet at UAE with Martin.

Ah fair enough I wasn't sure if there were hard commitments until after the season it feels like tampering to me to sign outright while still on another team. 

Aru to UAE makes the most sense though I agree with that. 

4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Ah fair enough I wasn't sure if there were hard commitments until after the season it feels like tampering to me to sign outright while still on another team. 

Aru to UAE makes the most sense though I agree with that. 

The signing period is during the TDF, which is strange. They could only confirm the signings from last week or so. I believe. 

8 minutes ago, kempus said:

The signing period is during the TDF, which is strange. They could only confirm the signings from last week or so. I believe. 

Fair enough. It's weird timing but if that's the way it is then that's fine. 

It would be like Stephon Gilmore announcing right before the second Bills/Pats game last season that he will sign with New England next season. Or something like that haha. 

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Fair enough. It's weird timing but if that's the way it is then that's fine. 

It would be like Stephon Gilmore announcing right before the second Bills/Pats game last season that he will sign with New England next season. Or something like that haha. 

Yeah, its weird. I'm not sure why it's at that point of the season and not once it finishes.

4 minutes ago, kempus said:

Yeah, its weird. I'm not sure why it's at that point of the season and not once it finishes.

A FA Frenzy style show at 4pm the following day the season ends would be a neat idea with everything leaking right at that time and everyone going insane the way it used to be 3-4 years ago in the NFL would be fantastic. 

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Dumb question. Who, if anyone, wears the red jersey after a stage 1 team time trial?

Not a dumb question. It is the rider that crosses the finish first that will wear it. It looks like it'll be Rohan Dennis. It makes the most sense. 

Also it started later and was shorter than I expected I was free to watch today. Very solid short TTT. Froome is in very good position amongst the contenders with Sky only 9 seconds behind. Aru and Mentijas as in slight trouble with over 40 seconds lost by each team. A bit more time given up than expected and would be comfortable with losing. 

6 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Ouch and Bardet also lost over 40 seconds not a good start for them. 

Missed the stage yesterday. I'm shocked by how much time Froome gained on such a short stage. He is probably laughing tonight. Sky don't have the responsibility of the race leaders jersey, but they gained a load of time. Pretty much perfect.

33 minutes ago, kempus said:

Missed the stage yesterday. I'm shocked by how much time Froome gained on such a short stage. He is probably laughing tonight. Sky don't have the responsibility of the race leaders jersey, but they gained a load of time. Pretty much perfect.

What responsibilities are there when you have the leader's jersey?