Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 4/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, R T said:

Was looking at this last night. Gillingham came in and started day 1 on the SB II winning team, putting Fuzzy Thurston on the bench that year. Now here is the interesting sidenote, Gillingham started every game at LG and the starting LT alongside him was Bob Skoronski. Skoronski is the grandfather of the Northwestern LT Peter Skoronski. Could the younger Skoronski follow his grandfather as the LT for the Packers? Could he follow Gillingham as the next 13th pick for the Packers and also play guard like Gillingham? 

Gale Gillingham was also into lifting weights bigtime back then. One of the few guys, maybe the only guy, who saw value in weightlifting at the time. 

One of my all-time favorite Packers. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Probably one of the Gute haters that posts here :)

I saw someone else post that yesterday somewhere but I didn't have a second to watch it.

Just sounds like a clickbait clown to me. I'm a Love fan since before the draft so I'm biased as hell but even I am not counting on him being really good or anything. But to act like you know he stinks already is just stupid.

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

I saw someone else post that yesterday somewhere but I didn't have a second to watch it.

Just sounds like a clickbait clown to me. I'm a Love fan since before the draft so I'm biased as hell but even I am not counting on him being really good or anything. But to act like you know he stinks already is just stupid.

I think if MLF coaches him right / calls the game right and Love stays/plays within himself.....we can win games with him. How our OL holds up will be critical IMO and I'd like our defense to be be a bit more shut down as opposed to bendable. One game at a time.......but hell, we're gonna get rid of AR's financial burdens this year and be players again going forward.

T'sall good.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol who the hell is that clown. Maybe Love isn't good but my gosh man.

It’s Adam Shein, like Mike Silver he is a big Rodgers honk in media. He is a buddy and always have been… use to always talk up GB for obvious reasons.

Now that those reasons are gone… no love for GB.

He is also part of the typical laptop class of journalists that also thinks he is better than the average fan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

It’s Adam Shein, like Mike Silver he is a big Rodgers honk in media. He is a buddy and always have been… use to always talk up GB for obvious reasons.

He is also part of the typical laptop class of journalists that also thinks he is better than the average fan. 

Is he affiliated with the local (or WI) CBS?

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Mike Silver is the ******* worst

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is he affiliated with the local (or WI) CBS?

Not currently… he is a national report last I saw. Again like Mike Silver. He might do things for local…. But my understanding of him is he is national. He does stuff all around CBS and has a radio show on Sirus xm.

and it is Schein… forgot the C.

note: I don’t think he has any connections to WI at all. I think he is a New Yorker to be honest.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1