Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jordan gets a LOT more money in his pockets today (vs a year from now). He gets more money and he's betting on himself because he would make ever MORE, more overall if we want to keep him as our starter in 2024. 

He's placing a future $9mil bet on himself AND getting more of that money in his pocket today.

I fixed if for you. With the fifth-year option he was guaranteed, between this and next year, 22.5 million. This way he's only guaranteed 13.5 million. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

I fixed if for you. With the fifth-year option he was guaranteed, between this and next year, 22.5 million. This way he's only guaranteed 13.5 million. 

The 5th yr option was not his to exercise. He cannot count on it.

In the same way I cannot value a lottery ticket I just bought at $10million before the winning numbers are announced.

If someone offers me $1million for it, before the winning numbers are announced, am I really losing out on $9million?

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

He's now guaranteed to make $10million more than he was yesterday. The option wasn't his choice to exercise 

The only way this is true is if the Packers told him they were not giving him a 5th year option. That was worth 20. 27 million FULLY GUARANTEED. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

The 5th yr option was not his to exercise. He cannot count on it.

In the same way I cannot value a lottery ticket I just bought at $10million before the winning numbers are announced.

If someone offers me $1million for it, before the winning numbers are announced, am I really losing out on $9million?

Today was the deadline for GB to exercise it. This tells me they told Love they were not going to exercise the 5th year but here is a consolation prize. 

Tells me GB isn't as sold on him as I thought. Makes me question him a little bit. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Today was the deadline for GB to exercise it. This tells me they told Love they were not going to exercise the 5th year but here is a consolation prize. 

Tells me GB isn't as sold on him as I thought. Makes me question him a little bit. 

Life doesn't work in black and white this way.

GB just got an extra potential $7mil in cap space for Love's team in 2024. That's a plus for Love and GB.

Love just got probably an extra $10million TODAY. That's a big plus for Love.

Love gets an extra $2.5mil overall in cash if he's our QB next year. That's a plus for Love.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Life doesn't work in black and white this way.

GB just got an extra potential $7mil in cap space for Love's team in 2024. That's a plus for Love and GB.

Love just got probably an extra $10million TODAY. That's a big plus for Love.

Love gets an extra $2.5mil overall in cash if he's our QB next year. That's a plus for Love.

No he doesn't. HIs salary was 2.3 million this year plus the 5th year option of 20.27 which equals 22.57. The new two-year deal is 20.5 MAX. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Love was going to make 2.3 million/17 weeks. He just got a check for 13.5m.

Did you even bother to look at the part in BOLD I was replying to. Nothing you stated has a damn thing to do with my reply. 

Nothing you stated has any merit as to what I was stating about him getting an extra 2.5 million in cash if he's our QB next year. Everything I stated in my post you replied to is 100% accurate. 

The only logical conclusion one could make is the Packers were not giving him the 5th year option but offered this instead. Which one could conclude they are not as sold on him as many thought. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Did you even bother to look at the part in BOLD I was replying to. Nothing you stated has a damn thing to do with my reply. 

Nothing you stated has any merit as to what I was stating about him getting an extra 2.5 million in cash if he's our QB next year. Everything I stated in my post you replied to is 100% accurate. 

The only logical conclusion one could make is the Packers were not giving him the 5th year option but offered this instead. Which one could conclude they are not as sold on him as many thought. 

OG....its a good deal for both sides. Everybody (but you) is saying it. Chill.

Just now, Old Guy said:

This deal is worth 22.5 max, the 5th year option is worth 20.27. You're not stating facts that are correct.

Just now, Old Guy said:

No, they are not! He would also get his 2.3-million-dollar salary this year on top of the 20.27 option for next year. His new contract is for two years, 2023 and 2024. Which fact did I get wrong? 

Where is he getting 2.5m more with the 5th year option?

• Like 1

Burrows, Herbert and Tua all had their 5th-year options exercised and they earned it, having played since their rookie years. Green Bay said we aren't paying the same as these guys for the 5th year as they are a proven commodity. That is not a lack of confidence in Love but a reasonable expectation. With the aforementioned QBs they won't be playing their 5th year on $20m + salary, they will all have new deals, and so will Love if he plays well this season.