It’s been 4 years since... DBs Mock Draft!

diamondbull424

Yeah, I could very well be on the Proehl bandwagon as I was on the Switzer train last yeah.

I like the comeback route from Proehl but is most excited about the route and catch at the 2.00 minute mark.

In generel, I don't mind having us draft a dline if he is the best lineman although it means we don't pick a wr.

Imo, if we strengthen the offensive line unit, I believe Flacco can do enough with a quality ground game and what he have at the receiver and tight end position. 

20 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

He’s actually played a full 16 game season twice, so I have no idea where you’re getting that information from. He’s been plagued for the past two seasons with a knee injury, which is true, but that’s hardly an entire career like Maclin.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MattJo00.htm

Maclin was three years older and prior to playing with the Ravens hadn’t completed a full 16 game season in 5/7 seasons.

When judging skill set Maclin had a median career catch rate of 60.9% before playing for the Ravens, whereas Matthews has a career average of 67.4%.

What’s more they have a different build. Maclin’s biggest weaknesses coming into the league were his slight frame which might not handle the wear and tear of the league. Whereas Matthews has the prototypical receiver build.

I misread his stat line, my bad. I guess him missing the last 2 years was fresh in my mind. I like what you did in the draft for sure, I just feel we need to target a more of a play maker wr then Matthews in free agency.

11 hours ago, drd23 said:

FWIW (and I'm not sure its much) PFF had Jordan Matthews as the 4th worst performed WR of 2017

Which is why he will likely be a value get. As long as his knee checks out, what he did before his injury entices me a lot more than what he’s doing for Buffalo. Someone that can provide 850-950 yds and 8 tds a season, that would also compliment a deep threat, would be a good get.

18 hours ago, paraven said:

I misread his stat line, my bad. I guess him missing the last 2 years was fresh in my mind. I like what you did in the draft for sure, I just feel we need to target a more of a play maker wr then Matthews in free agency.

I agree, but I think where I disagree with most of the fanbase is in how we can accomplish that. We just don’t have much cap space. It’ll be a struggle to try and resign the players we want, let alone sign the top playmaking threats on the market, most of whom are in their prime years.

And if we can’t sign the best, then we at least have to address the position with solid talent before the draft so that we’re not drafting for need only. If someone would provide me with a cap plan as well as find a precedent for a playmaking receiver in his prime signing for less, then I’d easily be down for a Landry or a Robinson.

I am not doing any rankings and thorough player evalutations yet, but what I can say is, that we don't have such a need, that we have to prioritize getting one position earlier over another.

QB: If the best QB in the class drops, so be it, although I believe Flacco could still play 4-5 more years and be good enough. He could easily get another injury, and we would look smart to pick Darnold/Mayfield/whoever in the 1. round.

In general, we need upgrades at every position on the roster.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:38 PM, Danand said:

The receiver with the position and size advantage didn't adjust to the underthrown ball, the safety did. Same issue we have with Perriman.

He just didn't know the DB was still there, thought he shook him a second before and didn't think he'd make it up. Adjusting to deep throws is a massive plus for him.

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

He just didn't know the DB was still there, thought he shook him a second before and didn't think he'd make it up. Adjusting to deep throws is a massive plus for him.

I know I took a long break from the forum, but I see no reason for him to make assumptions like that. I do appreciate being known as “the” DB however, sounds more prestigious that way.??

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I know I took a long break from the forum, but I see no reason for him to make assumptions like that. I do appreciate being known as “the” DB however, sounds more prestigious that way.??

As "the DB", you should represent our forum and go to some of these WR prospect's pro days, lock them down for us and tell us who has the most slip.

Archived