Draft Conundrum

dcfields

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I feel like too many people are only thinking about what's good for 2018. This is absolutely the right time to get a future starting QB under contract for 4-5 years. 

Good luck on wasting our few precious draft resources to actually build a suburb owl contender on a future starting QB.

In Madden, you don’t get fired if you do it. In the real word, draft a 2nd round quarterback and put him on the bench vs taking a future pro bowl running back or all pro RT prospect and see if the fans are forgiving you for it.

Because the team WILL implode, like all the mediocre organizations that have done it before (see: Indianapolis Colts with Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck) and what’s worse we won’t even have an elite quarterback to fall back on because that second round pick likely shows to be no better than Flacco so now we’re back at the drawing board trying the year after and the year after, until we’re now known as the Cleveland Browns.

The dumbest thing the Cleveland Browns have done recently is NOT investing enough resources into QBs.

Also Harbs and Newsome/Decosta aren't getting fired, despite what people like to think, so they can make smart long-term decisions instead of save their job moves. 

I’m okay with the idea of taking a QB in the top 100. I just don’t like any of these QBs except for Jackson. And even Jackson I think is a big roll of the dice but I’m willing to because the upside is so great. But I think the dumbest thing teams do is just draft any QB because they need one. But even a few years ago I would have been good taking Carr if he made it to our 2nd round pick 

Archived