2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Just now, CWood21 said:

I felt like 85% of the forum wanted nothing to do with Watt, and most used the argument that he couldn't be as good as JJ as their logic.

That was pretty much true.  I was guilty of that.  I was also against drafting King because it's rare for 6-3 corners to be all that good. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Aaron Jones had more rushing yards than McCaffrey, and Rodgers doesn't throw to running backs.  What would McCaffrey have done for us? 

Allison had more receptions than Ross. 

Always wondered what Mac would do with a true receiving back. 

Wouldnt have taken a back over corner or edge though. Just was really high on the kid is all. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We had a group of posters who wanted a top 10 pick at 28? I mean I'd love Chubb or Barkley but it's not happening.

Davis was a consensus top 10 guy, Ross was a bit of a surprise, but he was a consensus top 20 guy.

Very few people wanted Lamp, most wanted a 2nd round trade up for him.

I disagree about Corey Davis being a consensus top 10 guy.  He was a top 20 guy and most thought that the Titans reached a bit to grab their guy.  Ross wasn't really a surprise once he ran his 40 yard dash.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

That was pretty much true.  I was guilty of that.  I was also against drafting King because it's rare for 6-3 corners to be all that good. 

I remember being absolutely frustrated trying to suggest TJ Watt last year.  Made me want to pull my hair out.  I remember I was a bit iffy on King mainly because he was really grabby in college.  Figured he'd get flagged like crazy as a rookie.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I felt like 85% of the forum wanted nothing to do with Watt, and most used the argument that he couldn't be as good as JJ as their logic.

It was the same as the Wolf argument. The guy either is going to be a legend because of his last name or he sucks and the only reason he has consideration is because of his last name.

I feel like people get stupid and can't simply evaluate guys when they have a famous last name.

Also, I'll bet Nelson becomes an okay player or worse no matter who drafts him.    Every time you see "can't miss," it's a miss, and if you miss on a guard, you can't move them to guard, which is where you move busted tackles, which is why tackles make sense in round one, but guards don't. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It was the same as the Wolf argument. The guy either is going to be a legend because of his last name or he sucks and the only reason he has consideration is because of his last name.

I feel like people get stupid and can't simply evaluate guys when they have a famous last name.

IF his name was TJ Smith, people would have said he was a hands-down top 10 prospect.

I was definitely against Mixon, but only because I don't like him as a person.  Can't tell me a person changes enough if they're capable of what he did.  Not only that, he tried intimidating a female traffic cop after that incident.  He's not changed, he's just aware that he won't get another chance. 

13 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I was definitely against Mixon, but only because I don't like him as a person.  Can't tell me a person changes enough if they're capable of what he did.  Not only that, he tried intimidating a female traffic cop after that incident.  He's not changed, he's just aware that he won't get another chance. 

Eh, people do. I’ve seen plenty of examples of people drastically turning their lives around. Happens a lot more than people think. 

16 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not only this but:

Mixon - 3.5 ypc

Williams - 3.6 ypc

Jones - 5.5 ypc

Granted we have a better O-Line then Cinci but teams were stacking the box against Hundley.

It's looking like the Packers made the right choice

Archived