Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

52 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Well, all he has to is wait for the 4th day of new league with a new team. That will postpone the restructure until next year.

I feel you’re missing something. A team (probably us) will cut him before then. “If traded” a team would restructure him before then. A team wouldn’t trade for him unless he’d restructure. Mo’s options are getting cut by the Jets. Traded by the Jets and then restructuring. That’s it. I’d say the odds are at like 90% of us just cutting him and a 10% chance we can trade him.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Trevor Siemian is expected to be traded at the combine.  Jets should give him a look. He is familiar with the system. Would be excellent back up if signed Cousins.  QB depth becomes stronger.

Wouldn't be the worst idea for a late round pick, but prob better off just drafting someone

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I feel you’re missing something. A team (probably us) will cut him before then. “If traded” a team would restructure him before then. A team wouldn’t trade for him unless he’d restructure. Mo’s options are getting cut by the Jets. Traded by the Jets and then restructuring. That’s it. I’d say the odds are at like 90% of us just cutting him and a 10% chance we can trade him.

I already set for Jets to release Wilkerson. As for trade part, I don't think Wilkerson will accept the restructure at all.  Yeah, team will trade for him after agreeing to newly restructured contract with Wilkerson. Otherwise, there is no trade. I know. 

New restructure will guarantee a 17m over 2 years whether or not he will play with new team for at least 2 years.

New contract (FA) will guarantee him 26m over 3 years so there is a good chance to play with same team for at least 3 years.  A winning team?

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Well, all he has to is wait for the 4th day of new league with a new team. That will postpone the restructure until next year.

Like I stated... he will get cut before then. Period. I don’t know what you’re not getting. He has no control over when he gets cut. We will cut him before that day. If we trade him he’d only get traded with agreeing to a restructure. A team won’t trade for him without agreeing to that beforehand.

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Wouldn't be the worst idea for a late round pick, but prob better off just drafting someone

You know how Bowles is.   If you know the system you earn my respect.  That is what he is.  rookie qb won't have a shot to improve the qb depth.   Of course, it is all about the trade value.  5th-7th round pick for him does a solid trick for Jets. Problem is that he may be on the hook for brief time.  I lost the track of his FA status. whatever.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Like I stated... he will get cut before then. Period. I don’t know what you’re not getting. He has no control over when he gets cut. We will cut him before that day. If we trade him he’d only get traded with agreeing to a restructure. A team won’t trade for him without agreeing to that beforehand.

You repeated that.

Just now, JetsandI said:

You know how Bowles is.   If you know the system you earn my respect.  That is what he is.  rookie qb won't have a shot to improve the qb depth.   Of course, it is all about the trade value.  5th-7th round pick for him does a solid trick for Jets. Problem is that he may be on the hook for brief time.  I lost the track of his FA status. whatever.

I wouldn't spend a 5th on him personally.  I'd rather draft someone, but to each their own.  As mentioned, not the worst idea by any means.

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

One NY media said Isaiah Crowell or Jerick McKinnon may be a good fit for Jets.   I don't mind Crowell but I read somewhere about him being dumb like he has no clue what he is doing.  I don't get it.

I’d take Crowell or McKinnon. Ideally for me we get one of them and then draft a Rb as well. Allowing us to cut both Forte and Powell and start over at RB really with youth. I like Powell, but I’m not against getting younger at the RB position if it means he has to be sacrificed.

Archived