Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s been abysmal besides Round 1 and even than he’s only 2/3 in Round 1. And quite frankly Leo wasn’t anything worth talking about last year. Like I stated he’s only good decent contributing players in like 5/20+ draft picks in his 3 drafts here. For a guy with a scouting background this is just awful.

Agree 100%.  People hate on Idzik because he sucked, but Mac hasn't been much better and was gifted an insane amount of cap space from Idzik.  In three years, the guy hasn't found an impact player outside of round 1 and Maye (like you stated).  He hasn't found an impact FA either and has spent over 100 mil in cap space over those years.  That's awful.

37 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Agree 100%.  People hate on Idzik because he sucked, but Mac hasn't been much better and was gifted an insane amount of cap space from Idzik.  In three years, the guy hasn't found an impact player outside of round 1 and Maye (like you stated).  He hasn't found an impact FA either and has spent over 100 mil in cap space over those years.  That's awful.

You are correct  I feel the exact same way,  our whole future is on the line this year he has to come thru,  there will be no more excuses.

52 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I wonder how Macc would have done if he wasn’t forced to win now when he was first hired, same with Idzik to an extent. 

24 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

That's a fair point.  The fact that he tried to call all in with Fitz at QB was bizarre though.

I wonder how much pressure Mac in on to get a QB, will he make some kind of drastic  move? I never gave that much thought, we are all saying what he should do, but the key what is he going to do.

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I wonder how much pressure Mac in on to get a QB, will he make some kind of drastic  move? I never gave that much thought, we are all saying what he should do, but the key what is he going to do.

This is where Cousins comes in. Cousins he KNOWS will be a good QB. And QB he drafts comes with huge risks. We also have to keep in mind that do we even start whatever rookie we draft? We don’t know that we will for sure.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This is where Cousins comes in. Cousins he KNOWS will be a good QB. And QB he drafts comes with huge risks. We also have to keep in mind that do we even start whatever rookie we draft? We don’t know that we will for sure.

That wasn't uncommon 30 ago years rookie QB's would be on the sidelines two years. Very few started in their first year. Now we have rookies starting in their first year; I don't remember but I think Sanchez started his first year. If we got a young QB in the draft I could live with another year of McCown.

Am i the only one who feels its extremely asinine to judge a draft class or a gm's drafting ability less then 3 years after the draft?

has anyone even looked up the statistics of mid-late round picks excelling in the nfl?

how about this... only around 10% of players selected in rounds 3-7 becomes starters.... 

so yea, maybe mac didnt hit on many so far, but truth is, no gm always hits those. Bellicheck has drafted tons of busts, so has every GM. 

and just so everyone can realize how inefficent EVERY team is at drafting... 13% of starters were UDFA's a larger % then rounds 3-7. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2015/05/22/tracking-nfl-draft-efficiency-how-contingent-is-success-to-draft-position/amp/

18 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Am i the only one who feels its extremely asinine to judge a draft class or a gm's drafting ability less then 3 years after the draft?

has anyone even looked up the statistics of mid-late round picks excelling in the nfl?

how about this... only around 10% of players selected in rounds 3-7 becomes starters.... 

so yea, maybe mac didnt hit on many so far, but truth is, no gm always hits those. Bellicheck has drafted tons of busts, so has every GM. 

and just so everyone can realize how inefficent EVERY team is at drafting... 13% of starters were UDFA's a larger % then rounds 3-7. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2015/05/22/tracking-nfl-draft-efficiency-how-contingent-is-success-to-draft-position/amp/

Let’s break down each pick if you want.

Leo: good pick, good talent. But can you honestly tell me Beasley an edge rusher wouldn’t have been a better pick?

Smith: guys been injured his whole career.

Lozo: only 6 sacks in his 1st 2 years and had an injury last year.

Petty: not an NFL caliber QB.

Harrison: I don’t even think he ever played for us.

Simon: actually not a bad pick. Should play more IMO.

Lee: I think we can all agree he’s been a disappointment. I will give him another year to prove me wrong.

Hack: hasn’t even taken a snap yet.

Jenkins: not a bad pick. I think his skill set will be more utilized once we get a true edge opposite him.

Burris: has really struggled when given opportunity.

Shell: not a bad pick either. Although he needs to be way more consistent.

Edwards: he’s a P, I don’t count this.

Peake: odds are against him making the roster in 2018.

Adams: good pick. Needs to be more of a difference maker though.

Maye: I wasn’t a fan of this pick, but his play made me like it now. So I’ll say it’s a good pick.

Stewart: guy never played tbd.

Hansen: guy barely played tbd.

Leggett: was injured all year.

Donahue: was injured all year.

McGuire: not bad for where he was drafted, but we need WAY more from the RB position.

Clark: probably won’t ever play for us.

Jones: probably won’t ever play for us.

Overall those are just bad draft picks. I don’t have the time to do it now, but I will tomorrow night. But I’ll breakdown who I waned each pick that each and every player was worthy of the draft spot and most times drafted within a few picks later who could be on our roster.

Strictly rumor, but I'm told the Jets will entertain trading Quincy Enunwa after tagging him with 2nd round tender. Apparently the Raiders are going to cut Michael Crabtree and would like a younger, cheaper alternative they can move around the offense, similar to how Atlanta uses Mohamed Sanu. Watch for them to be the most aggressive suitor. 

26 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Strictly rumor, but I'm told the Jets will entertain trading Quincy Enunwa after tagging him with 2nd round tender. Apparently the Raiders are going to cut Michael Crabtree and would like a younger, cheaper alternative they can move around the offense, similar to how Atlanta uses Mohamed Sanu. Watch for them to be the most aggressive suitor. 

Interesting.... honestly unless we got a nice pick out of this I would just rather keep QE for cheap money on the tender.

45 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

But would he pass a physical if traded?

Also if traded WR becomes a HUGE need for us.

54 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Let’s break down each pick if you want.

Leo: good pick, good talent. But can you honestly tell me Beasley an edge rusher wouldn’t have been a better pick?

Smith: guys been injured his whole career.

Lozo: only 6 sacks in his 1st 2 years and had an injury last year.

Petty: not an NFL caliber QB.

Harrison: I don’t even think he ever played for us.

Simon: actually not a bad pick. Should play more IMO.

Lee: I think we can all agree he’s been a disappointment. I will give him another year to prove me wrong.

Hack: hasn’t even taken a snap yet.

Jenkins: not a bad pick. I think his skill set will be more utilized once we get a true edge opposite him.

Burris: has really struggled when given opportunity.

Shell: not a bad pick either. Although he needs to be way more consistent.

Edwards: he’s a P, I don’t count this.

Peake: odds are against him making the roster in 2018.

Adams: good pick. Needs to be more of a difference maker though.

Maye: I wasn’t a fan of this pick, but his play made me like it now. So I’ll say it’s a good pick.

Stewart: guy never played tbd.

Hansen: guy barely played tbd.

Leggett: was injured all year.

Donahue: was injured all year.

McGuire: not bad for where he was drafted, but we need WAY more from the RB position.

Clark: probably won’t ever play for us.

Jones: probably won’t ever play for us.

Overall those are just bad draft picks. I don’t have the time to do it now, but I will tomorrow night. But I’ll breakdown who I waned each pick that each and every player was worthy of the draft spot and most times drafted within a few picks later who could be on our roster.

remember its 1 of 10 in rounds 3-7... hitting on just mcguire puts him in the average.... but you cant judge a rookie or 2nd year player yet. 

Mac gut this team and is trying to rebuild it with things like lockerroom chemistry and leadership... will it work? who knows, but you gotta give it a chance.

BTW, for those of you that have been on this site a while... this is Suberbowlbound (SBB for short) had to make a new account as i forgot my old email password lol.

45 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

What are the odds we can trade Mo instead of just cutting him? I mean really any pick we can get even a late Rounder is better than just cutting him.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Nobody is trading a 2nd rounder for a guy who missed a season with a major injury

Archived