Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

16 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Am I the only one that's turned off by Rosen? Genuine question but My plan A would be to nab Baker or Cousins at this point if we can't get Cousins than sign a vet Back or bring back McCown and take Baker at 6 or move up to 3 or 4 to get him.

Why are you turn off on Rosen, is he the best QB in the draft. Is he gone to be a superstar I have no idea. None of us know if there is a future super star in this bunch. 

14 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Just have my reservations about him thats all. How's he going to handle a pro style system, Big 12 doesn't exactly have great defenses so he was throwing to a ton of open targets. Will he show great pocket awareness when his first read isn't open and pressure is coming. I liked what I saw against Georgia though and he was pedestrian in the Senior Bowl but I won't hold too much weight to that performance because of all the unfamiliarity. Honestly I'm not sold on any of the QBs at 6 right now except Rosen and he's probably going 1 or 2. 

I hate the pro system argument.  How many elite QB's played in a pro style offense in college?  You can count them on one hand.

The more I think about it the more I think the chance of Jarvis Landry coming here might be possible. I will state that I don’t think he’s plan A. I think that’s Cousins 100%. But it appears Bell is either too expensive or just doesn’t want to come here. So that begs the question if we miss out on Cousins and Bell... where do we spend our money? Even signing a CB or even 2 and 2 OLineman barely puts a dent in our cap space. We’d still have a ton to spend. In comes Landry. Apparently we have interest in the WR position, judging by the senior bowl. We know what Landry can do over the last few years, so I’d imagine we’d like him. Just some food for thought.

31 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Why are you turn off on Rosen, is he the best QB in the draft. Is he gone to be a superstar I have no idea. None of us know if there is a future super star in this bunch. 

He seems disinterested to me and he reminds me a lot of Jay Cutler where yes he has all the arm talent in the world and has college success but there's just something off about him.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

He seems disinterested to me and he reminds me a lot of Jay Cutler where yes he has all the arm talent in the world and has college success but there's just something off about him.

Rosen is a much more polished prospect coming out, and even though i think he is the best QB in the draft I dont love his attitude either. Coaches dont exactly rave about him in terms of being coachable, but man is he talented as a passer.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

The more I think about it the more I think the chance of Jarvis Landry coming here might be possible. I will state that I don’t think he’s plan A. I think that’s Cousins 100%. But it appears Bell is either too expensive or just doesn’t want to come here. So that begs the question if we miss out on Cousins and Bell... where do we spend our money? Even signing a CB or even 2 and 2 OLineman barely puts a dent in our cap space. We’d still have a ton to spend. In comes Landry. Apparently we have interest in the WR position, judging by the senior bowl. We know what Landry can do over the last few years, so I’d imagine we’d like him. Just some food for thought.

If we get Landry, I think we have to get rid of Kearse.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

All this talk about beefing the offensive line.. someone call Mac and let him know. He hasn’t drafted an offensive linemen before round 5 in 3 drafts. Dude better kill it this year especially if we are going to try to win behind Cousins and Todd Bowles

That's why I put the odds of us drafting a guy like Nelson as slim, but god I hope he changes his ways.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

So I'll ask again you seem to have an issue with many of the QB's in this draft and don't want to pay Cousins.  How are you addressing the QB position?

I don’t have an issue paying Cousins. It’s not my preferred number but I understand the market and know he’ll cost. 

Only QBs I’m probably drafting at 6 are Rosen or Darnold and they’ll be gone most likely. 

Mayfield, Allen I like later on(Late 1st, Early 2nd) And I like Lauletta in the 3rd/4th as a developmental guy. 

I’ll also consider going after Foles, Brissett, Bridgewater and McCarron depending on the price.

22 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

And you can see why so few are successful. This is exactly why I’m against taking a guy at 6 just because. 

Every college QB is a risk, but arguing that "they don't play in a pro style offense" is nonsense given that most of the starting QB's in the league, didn't play in a pro-style offense in college. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we get Landry, I think we have to get rid of Kearse.

Yea my concern with Landry is that we'd really clog up the slot(Q/Landry/Stewart) and he's really not a big down field threat which isn't really a knock but it's something to think about. Personally I wouldn't mind going after Marquis Lee

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Rosen is a much more polished prospect coming out, and even though i think he is the best QB in the draft I dont love his attitude either. Coaches dont exactly rave about him in terms of being coachable, but man is he talented as a passer.

Jay Cutler was a big time prospect too coming out of Vandy. I just get the same type of vibe from Rosen as I do Jay.

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I hated pretty much everything we did in the draft last year after Adams. Thankfully Maye looks like a player though

I generally hate every Jets draft.  In 2014, all I wanted was a receiver.  First round, I wanted Cooks.  Second round, Landry.  Third round, Moncrief.  Instead we got Pryor, Amaro, and McDougle.  Pure trash.  I didn't like any of them.  Last year, screaming for Dalvin Cook and Pat Elflein, but nope.  Always disappointed.  We never take the smart pick.  We always try to find a steal that somehow the other 29 teams missed, yet the other 29 teams are always right.

Archived