Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

David Harris is retiring. Will always be one of my favorite Jets all time. 

Was a true jet, And I totally understand him chasing a ring his last year. But kind of a slap in the face to join the Pats to do so. He barely played for them and they didn’t win. And that makes me happy. It’s one thing to leave your franchise and chase a ring late in your career, but to do it and join a rival IMO hurt my view point on Harris as a Jet. I’d same the same for Revis... but I started not liking him during he holdouts while he wa still a Jet. Either way thanks for the good years Harris.

22 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Davis is not David Harris. Harris was a much better run defender than Davis, even though both have hreat leadership qualities.  Harris>Davis. Hence the term "effective". Yes he was replaced but we havent had the same run def since he left.

Our DL has also changed a lot since then as well 

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

We got zero comp picks

IDK why but I was thinking that we would but I can't remember for who

Ya I wasn't expecting any comp picks.

What I am expecting is Macc to trade for someone this off season. He's been very good in trades and I can see him giving up our 4th or 5th Rounder for a guy a team needs to shed cap space with. Not sure who yet. But I have a hunch we trade 1 of those 2 picks for a proven player at a position we need.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I wasn't expecting any comp picks.

What I am expecting is Macc to trade for someone this off season. He's been very good in trades and I can see him giving up our 4th or 5th Rounder for a guy a team needs to shed cap space with. Not sure who yet. But I have a hunch we trade 1 of those 2 picks for a proven player at a position we need.

I think we will continue to see him trading for younger commodities that he feels arent being utilized to their full potential.... kearse was by no means a "proven" player but definately wasnt being utilized to his potential in Seattle. 

Id expect similar trades, guys who are somewhat buried in depth charts that deserve to start for other teams. A prime example would be trading for a swing tackle or another teams slot CB to be our #2 CB. we are still below league standards at a ton of positions and can pillage teams with strength at those positions to bring us closer to league avg. Those trades are cheap as teams are trading away strength for draft picks for younger guys at other positions. 

Id expect us to trade a mid round/late pick for an offensive lineman, possibly a CB or even a 5-tech. I cant see us trading for a WR, RB, TE, S, or LB though.

Archived