Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

27 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Go get the Honey Badger.

Jamal Adams on Twitter: "Yooo @Mathieu_Era come link up with the JETS 5. It definitely would be a show every Sunday. I’m just saying!"

He's out there recruiting for the Jets. He defends the Jets when other players bash us. Love me some Jamal Adams. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:
Jamal Adams on Twitter: "Yooo @Mathieu_Era come link up with the JETS 5. It definitely would be a show every Sunday. I’m just saying!"

He's out there recruiting for the Jets. He defends the Jets when other players bash us. Love me some Jamal Adams. 

He'd be the perfect compliment too; especially in the slot.

Referring back to some earlier QB conversation.  If we sign Teddy I wouldn't wait at all to draft a QB.  I'd draft a QB exactly as if Teddy wasn't signed.  Lamar at #6, have a 25 year old Teddy and have them duke it out.  

In regards to Carpenter in the ZBS, he was truly bad in Seattle.  I think he has to be cut if we want to get serious about our O line.  

I think Skrine needs to be the next guy out the door.  We are talking about the 85th rated CB in the league being on the hook for over 8 million dollars.  That is insane.  The 6 million we save on Skrine could be a nice portion of the new slot CB we sign, and there are some really good ones that are about 3 years younger than Skrine, and don't constantly commit penalties. 

Just now, rampantjet said:

I'm really concerned that we keep Skrine.  Which shows just how little faith I have in this FO to make the obvious decisions that good teams would make.

I think he’ll be cut pending what we do in FA and draft. Mainly FA. I see ya targeting a slot guy like Colvin or NRC.

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I'm really concerned that we keep Skrine.  Which shows just how little faith I have in this FO to make the obvious decisions that good teams would make.

They cut Mo which alot of franchises wouldnt do after giving that contract, so they arent scared to make the touh decision

Just now, jetfan8178 said:

They cut Mo which alot of franchises wouldnt do after giving that contract, so they arent scared to make the touh decision

That WASN'T a tough decision at all.  He wasn't worth half the money he was slated to make this year.  Had a bad attitude.  Was late to meetings.  And had been a disruption in the locker room.  Cutting him was the biggest no brainer possible.  They get virtually no credit from me in cutting him.  If they cut Skrine they get some credit.

2 hours ago, rampantjet said:

So far the FO has been pretty methodical this off-season. They've assessed the coaching and made the necessary changes. They got rid of dead weight in Ijalana and Mo. They've also said they will be aggressive in FA especially as it relates to Cousins. 

So far, it looks like we have a pretty solid game plan. 

I mean at the end of the day, Skrine is in his final year. Knows the system and it's not like the free agency is overflowing with talent. If the Jets really need to free up his money, he's an easy cut. Now with that being said, I hope he is cut but it's not like he has an albatross contract and we're missing our chance to get out of it.

Archived