2018 Free Agency

turtle28

Chris Ivory been released .. possible interest . He was prettt much bunched up in an already deep jaguars depth chart .

Im also warming up to the idea of bringing in Mike Wallace and Muhammad Wilkerson. Draft Payne or veta and we can rotate the defensive line around .

27 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Chris Ivory been released .. possible interest . He was prettt much bunched up in an already deep jaguars depth chart .

Not a move that would inspire dance and song, but I do think Ivory could mix in well enough with CT and Perine.

RB by committee as they push the need of a true RB1 into next season, and not burn a draft pick there. 

Ivory's an angry runner, and he hasn't had to put much tread on his tires the last couple of years. He could do some good in DC, but the contract should be little more than vet minimum. 

17 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Not a move that would inspire dance and song, but I do think Ivory could mix in well enough with CT and Perine.

RB by committee as they push the need of a true RB1 into next season, and not burn a draft pick there. 

Ivory's an angry runner, and he hasn't had to put much tread on his tires the last couple of years. He could do some good in DC, but the contract should be little more than vet minimum. 

Agreed, depending on if the redskins are planning to draft a RB than I'd like to check him out .

On 2/21/2018 at 7:49 PM, turtle28 said:

I like how in the clip of Long he gets away with a quick tug of the defender's jersey so he can break out on the screen.

If the price is right, I'd be okay with bringing Long back or if they want to splurge on Norwell. Fulton looks intriguing, but I'm not sure how much I trust an example where he is going up against Ziggy Hood. Still, all three options aren't bad ones.

Lamar Miller rushed eight times for 37 yards in the Texans' Week 17 loss to the Colts.
Miller seemed to be phased out of the offense the final three weeks of the season, totaling just 27 carries in that span, while Alfred Blue was given more of the workload. The Texans never seemed comfortable with Miller as a true feature back, first complementing him with rookie D'Onta Foreman earlier in the year before his season-ending Achilles' tear. After amassing a 268-1,073-5 rushing line last season, his first with Houston, Miller followed it up with a 238-888-3 line this season, adding 36 catches for 327 yards and three touchdowns. The three receiving scores set a new career best. But Miller was mostly a fantasy nightmare. He's under contract through 2019, but the guaranteed money on Miller's deal is up. Miller is still relatively young, turning 27 in April. Sun, Dec 31, 2017 04:13:00 PM

he could be released 

I think the Redskins should sign slot corner Senquez Goldson to a futures contract like they did last year with Phil Taylor and the previous year with Ziggy Hood. Goldson was a 2nd round pick of the Steelers but hurt his shoulder and missed his rookie year. He missed that season and the next too. He was cut last year and spent the season on the Bucs practice squad. Anyways, obviously he’s yet to do anything in the pros, but he has talent, is only 24 and could still develop into a good slot corner. Obviously there’s no risk in signing him to a futures contract, it seems like a no brainer to me.

4 hours ago, Dashing202 said:
Lamar Miller rushed eight times for 37 yards in the Texans' Week 17 loss to the Colts.
Miller seemed to be phased out of the offense the final three weeks of the season, totaling just 27 carries in that span, while Alfred Blue was given more of the workload. The Texans never seemed comfortable with Miller as a true feature back, first complementing him with rookie D'Onta Foreman earlier in the year before his season-ending Achilles' tear. After amassing a 268-1,073-5 rushing line last season, his first with Houston, Miller followed it up with a 238-888-3 line this season, adding 36 catches for 327 yards and three touchdowns. The three receiving scores set a new career best. But Miller was mostly a fantasy nightmare. He's under contract through 2019, but the guaranteed money on Miller's deal is up. Miller is still relatively young, turning 27 in April. Sun, Dec 31, 2017 04:13:00 PM

he could be released 

I’d be down, but I wouldn’t give him much of a contract, maybe a few million a year for like 3 years. He is the type of Rb that I think fits well into Gruden’s offense though. At 5’10, 225 with some speed - he’s big enough to carry the ball 15 times a game while Thompson spells him for 5 to 10 carries - and he’s a good receiver as well.

27 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

NFL network suggested Malcom butler as a target for us . 

I don't mind if brown and butler is our big splashes . We can still sign Logan and a second tier wideout like Watkins on a one year deal .

I’m sure it’s just a thought from them, not that they’ve talked to anyone in the front office about it.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I’m sure it’s just a thought from them, not that they’ve talked to anyone in the front office about it.

It's a thought for sure but with the cap space we have Id wouldn't mind Butler . He be an upgrade over Breeland and can make Norman expandable about a year after possibly .

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

It's a thought for sure but with the cap space we have Id wouldn't mind Butler . He be an upgrade over Breeland and can make Norman expandable about a year after possibly .

Depends on the cost imo. I don’t want to pay him near what we pay Norman.

13 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Butler had an up and down year . I think he will get a one year deal . Seems like people will question why he didn't play against The SB

I think the story of him going out and partying too much during SB week is true. I don’t see any other reason that Belichick wouldn’t play him and even that is a stupid reason for not starting arguably your best corner.

He may do the 1-yr prove it deal, it all depends on what teams are going to offer him. Some of the teams with huge cap room may offer him a deal that pays him over $10 million per year. I definitely could see the Jets doing that. They love stealing ex-patriots.

Archived