The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I'd easily give up a 3rd rounder for Duke Johnson. We wouldn't hesitate to draft a 3rd RD RB, so I'm not sure why a young guy who has already proven himself in the NFL would be considered worth less.

If we get him for a 4th or less I'd be in love.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I'd easily give up a 3rd rounder for Duke Johnson. We wouldn't hesitate to draft a 3rd RD RB, so I'm not sure why a young guy who has already proven himself in the NFL would be considered worth less.

If we get him for a 4th or less I'd be in love.

El Duque!!!

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets, Titans, and Colts are "in play" for free agent Dion Lewis.

La Canfora adds the Patriots are "going to fight to keep" Lewis, but he's fully expected to price himself out of the Patriots' comfort zone. The 49ers could also get involved as they attempt to look for a different back to upgrade on free agent Carlos Hyde. Lewis could command $6 million per year.

I’m happy we are in on Lewis. I hope we don’t miss out and lose him to the Colts if the reports true. It’s JLC so take his reports with a grain on salt

6 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Anyone listen to the Titans Pod Cast yet with Mike Keith Amy Wells and Jim Wyatt? For starters it’s awful in the sense if they had a Free Agent discussion and they didn’t mention a single player by name that they hope we target or rumored to target. 

The other thing that was alarming and i swear to god it better not be true but Mike and Jim both mentioned Robinson likes Fluellen a lot. F Flu season they need other style of backs and evens really not much different than Henry. 

Also has the legal tampering started yet or does it start at 4?

It starts tomorrow at, I believe, 12 PM.

Titans not mentioned to him yet. Means 1 of 2 things 1 the Titans will be interested in Sammy Watkins or Paul Richardson. 2 We have been linked to a few Free Agents so far and havnt come close to signing them so maybe we are really in on Robinson but JRob and company keeping it it in house. 

Or option 3.... We just don’t have any interest in WRs. Nothing wrong with the coaching staff being confident in what they have with Davis, Matthews, Taylor, and Sharpe. Sure adding someone like Robinson, Watkins, etc. would be nice but certainly not necessary.  I don’t know maybe it’s my confidence in Davis and all of the receivers doing better just being placed in an actual scheme from this decade.

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Or option 3.... We just don’t have any interest in WRs. Nothing wrong with the coaching staff being confident in what they have with Davis, Matthews, Taylor, and Sharpe. Sure adding someone like Robinson, Watkins, etc. would be nice but certainly not necessary.  I don’t know maybe it’s my confidence in Davis and all of the receivers doing better just being placed in an actual scheme from this decade.

Be real though we should know Robinson moves in silence I say trust the process.

I know it probably won’t happen, but there’s a part of me that wishes we’d sign Dontari Poe. I’ve been wanting that dominant NT in the middle for years now. I think having that dominant presence in the middle is just such an underrated aspect of most defenses especially the 3-4. I know it’s unlikely because we just signed Sly Williams last year, but Dontari Poe is a totally different caliber player than Sly. Sly started to come on strong at the end of last year, but had an inconsistent year overall. I’ve been a huge fan of Poe since he came out of Memphis and have wanted him here since then. I’m curious if Vrabel’s and Pees’ opinions will differ from LeBeau’s on how important the NT is to the 3-4 scheme. I personally feel like a dominant NT that can stop the run and rush the passer effectively can be the difference between an average/good unit and a great unit. 

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I feel the exact same way. You won't find me complaining if we were to add a Robinson or Watkins but I'm perfectly ok with giving our current guys a chance to play in LeFleur's offense.

I think with a full healthy offseason and playing in a legit modern offense, Davis could be just as good as, at least, Watkins. Matthews has been a dependable #2 target since he's been here. Taylor is a guy I want to see get more of an opportunity this year. And Sharpe is the forgotten guy, who I still feel can be a valuable asset for us.

Maybe we'll bring in an somewhat cheap low risk, medium to high reward guy to compete with Taylor and Sharpe(like a John Brown or Terrelle Pryor), but I don't see us targeting those top guys. 

Archived