The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

52 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Titans have had preliminary interest in Richard Sherman per ESPN

Only if he comes on a prove it deal. Those Achilles surgeries scare me. Nice that they may kick the tires even though the tires are flat right now. ?

I’m more than fine with signing Sherman. I don’t see him tearing it again. Please please meet with the Titans before signing. We seen what attitude can do for a defense when we got Pollard. Sherman would be a lot of fun to have on D with Adore Byard Logan Rak Morgan Casey

16 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Come on, now. I get not wanting to overpay (at least in Draft capital) to land him, but "the last thing we needed" is a hell of a stretch, when he would've easily been the best WR on our roster, slow or not.

I don't feel that way. 112 catches is great, but under 1k yards? Decker could've done that if we ran that kind of offense. I have high hopes for Davis, so no I don't think Landry would have been our best. And even if he was he's not worth $15M+ when Lewan is due to make ~$17M, Mariota at least $25M, etc. So yea I think giving up picks and committing that cap was at the very least very low priority and would've been an unnecessary move.

6 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

How would y'all feel about bringing in Patrick Robinson? From all accounts he was pretty damn good in the nickel for the eagles this year?

We have a nickel CB in Ryan, Patrick in my opinion would be added depth. We need a long rangy CB that can mix it up, Trumaine Johnson, Amukamara or Sherman 

Some under the radar guys that I think could be considered for reasonable rates.

Senio Kelemete - OG - Was a tackle out of coming out of washington. Considered a good athlete. Was the swing linemen in New Orleans and filled in effectively when Andres Peat went down.

Alex Okafor - OLB - Was poised for a big year for the Saints before popping his Achilles. Still relatively young. Would be an better 3rd pass rusher than Walden if he can come back from the injury.

Trent Muphy - OLB/DE - Liked him out of college. A bit worrisome that he got popped for PEDs and then blew his ACL. Guys like him and Okafor would certainly be 1 year deal flyers. Had 8 sacks  back in 2016.

John Brown - WR - Hes a long way removed from that electric 1000 yd season a while back. He's often injured, but he would add an element of speed to the offense, not to mention proper competition for Taywan Taylor. The injury history is concerning, however given the depth we have at the position, i think its a good low cost/high potential signing. 

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Don't know it it would have been stupid. But.... I wasn't a fan of his play last season. But I was a fan of his coming out of college. 

Obviously we will never know the details, but I'm assuming we'd prob have given up a draft pick this year for him. Given we currently only have 6, I wouldn't have been very happy. Not saying we need to stockpile picks, but Hundley was really bad last year...if he showed anything I would've been fine giving a late round pick for him. But he didn't.

Shelton's the only guy I really wish we shoulda gone for so far. Think he'd be a great piece in the middle of the D. Not majorly crushed, but one I would a liked tobsee us pursue.  

As far as FA, I'm still hoping for Watkins, but not holding my breath. He had a rocky relationship with our WRs coach when he was in Buffalo and had his worst statistic season with LaFleur as his OC last season.

Robinson would be a good consolation prize... And maybe he's motivated to sign here to face the Jags twice a year.

I still have my eyes on Moncrief if neither of those 2 work out though.

Also like Sheldon Richardson, Dion Lewis, Trumaine Johnson. I know we've shied away from bigger contracts, but I think this is the year we get one (Lewis wouldn't be that, but I still really like him).

There are two guys I want us to look at. One is Jerick McKinnon. The other one is Tyrann Mathieu. I would like for us to at least inquire about him and if he is cut I want him! Those two would change the dynamic of the team on both sides. McKinnon would give us that 3rd down home run hitter type player we've lacked in the backfield ever since CJ2K left. I think this would be a better option for us rather then spending big on a WR. Mathieu and Byard together would be one heck of a combo on the back end of your defense.

Archived