The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

http://titaninsider.com/titans-ponder-guard-situation-josh-kline-quinton-spain-near-free-agency/

titans are in talks with josh kline- makes sense as between him and spain kline is far and away the better fit for zone blocking

Think it'd be crazy for them to not tender Spain at the 2nd round level. The entire interior line took a step back from 2016, but on a one year prove it that's a friendly number. 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

http://titaninsider.com/titans-ponder-guard-situation-josh-kline-quinton-spain-near-free-agency/

titans are in talks with josh kline- makes sense as between him and spain kline is far and away the better fit for zone blocking

I don't think it will be out of the question for both of them to come back next year.  I think they will add some comp, but they both can be brought back and at a fairly cheap price. So why not?

3 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Usually I feel like I have a good idea where I think the team will spend money going into FA. This year... no clue. 

I think it's because we don't have a dire need this year. Sure we need help at OL, WR, RB and ILB(just to name a few) but it isn't like in years past where we were in a dire spot at G, or WR, or CB.

We can take so many different directions between free agency and the draft. Add that we're less than a month from our new uniform reveal, and we should be in for a fun ride these next couple of months.

10 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Usually I feel like I have a good idea where I think the team will spend money going into FA. This year... no clue. 

Same here, I havnt got a clue to what the Titans will do. I won’t kill them for not breaking the bank for Watkins. I like Watkins but I wouldn’t break the bank for him. 

Whats going to drive us all nuts and I said this some time earlier this week or late last week is teams can talk to players this weekend. Between JRob and Jim Wyatt we will never hear who we met with this weekend. 

Once Wednesday hits I can see it being similar to last year where we are rumored to a player all day the. 4:00 comes and the first names signed are lesser named players but I hope I’m wrong I hope we get a significant weapon to add for Mariota 

7 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I think it's because we don't have a dire need this year. Sure we need help at OL, WR, RB and ILB(just to name a few) but it isn't like in years past where we were in a dire spot at G, or WR, or CB.

We can take so many different directions between free agency and the draft. Add that we're less than a month from our new uniform reveal, and we should be in for a fun ride these next couple of months.

This year, I'm a little lax about the whole combine and FA.  

I think it's because of the lack of need. However, I also think the playoff run has had an effect on me.  In year's past I've been in the FA's and Draft around November/December, but we were so consumed with actual meaningful games that I didn't even think of these players until after the Super Bowl a few weeks ago. 

So I feel kind of detached a little. Normally FA feels like 10 years away, but it's next week! lol

We have had so much going on that I haven't even concentrated on the players.

1. Playoff Run
  2. New Coach
  3. New staff
  4. Uniforms

Fun times.

There’s more young talent in the WR market this year than any other year I can remember. The more I look at the whole picture of what is in FA Vs the Draft, I think we’ll sign a WR as opposed to drafting one this year. There’s a ton of young guys that would not only be upgrades to the group, but guys that can grow with Marcus for a long time.

17 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think it will be out of the question for both of them to come back next year.  I think they will add some comp, but they both can be brought back and at a fairly cheap price. So why not?

If Kline is looking for $6M plus, then I think we let him hit the market. Still could bring him back, but would be best to see what else is out there. At 28, he probably has 3 good years left in him maybe, so may be better to put that kind of money on someone else that's a better, longer term fit. 

Who all likes the idea of Jordan Matthews in the slot, now granted he had a bad year last season with ankle & knee injuries, but he’s a explosive big WR, who until last season always avg over 700yrds & 8 TD every season. Remember last season I said we should’ve looked at Kyle Fuller & a lot of y’all called him a bust, after 1 bad injured season, well he balled out & was solid. I like taken a chance on productive cheap players ?

3 minutes ago, VY said:

If Kline is looking for $6M plus, then I think we let him hit the market. Still could bring him back, but would be best to see what else is out there. At 28, he probably has 3 good years left in him maybe, so may be better to put that kind of money on someone else that's a better, longer term fit. 

I wouldn’t say 3, Playing OL is a position you can play till mid 30’s. I like Kline & I If 6mill is what he wants let’s give it to him 4yrs 24 mill wit 9mill G 

19 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I wouldn’t say 3, Playing OL is a position you can play till mid 30’s. I like Kline & I If 6mill is what he wants let’s give it to him 4yrs 24 mill wit 9mill G 

Mid-30's for a good player, sure. Kline is average at best. No doubt he'll get that money and maybe from us, but I'd rather see what else is out there before panic-signing an average guy to that much.

Archived