The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

30 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

With the 4 recent cuts, that’s about 60m in cap space. Still don’t expect any “splash” signings but someone like Trumaine Johnson or Allen Robinson become more intriguing.

I think a run at one big guy is realistic.

We tried for Bouye and pretty much had him, until Jags upped their offer.  (According "The Guy").  I think they were going to sign both Logan Ryan and Bouye. 

But yeah. I think Robinson would be more a guy they look at. 

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

We sign Sammy Watkins in FA and Tremaine Edmunds falls to 25. 

...And then I woke up.

Give me Paul Richardson or Jordan Matthews over Sammy I still don’t trust his injury issues & draft a WR in the 3rd or 4th round to compete wit sharpe. You can never have enough quality WR ex Pittsburg 

Per Rotoworld & CJ2K.

Free agent Chris Johnson tweeted that he'd be interested in a reunion with the Titans.
Johnson earned three Pro Bowl nods during his six-year stay with Tennessee including 2009 when he cracked the elusive 2,000-yard rushing plateau. The 32-year-old spent most of last season out of the league after being cut by Arizona, but sees an opening now that Tennessee has moved on from veteran DeMarco Murray. "I don’t think back to Titans would be a bad idea," he tweeted on Friday. Even if Johnson were to end up in Tennessee, he'd be little more than a change-of-pace option behind workhorse Derrick Henry.

LOL!

40 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Oh well. I wasn't a fan of trading and giving up a contract for him.

So eh... 
About Landry.

Agree. Last thing we needed was a slow, undersized WR that costs $15M+ annually. I'd rather spend something like $9M year (and maybe less who knows) on a pair of guys like Gabriel and Richardson. We have too many big ticket guys coming up to waste cap on someone like Landry.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I think a run at one big guy is realistic.

We tried for Bouye and pretty much had him, until Jags upped their offer.  (According "The Guy").  I think they were going to sign both Logan Ryan and Bouye. 

But yeah. I think Robinson would be more a guy they look at. 

What you said king Titan, pay attention to the signs you guys, Robinson is about to go in come FA he basically knows Amy is trusting the organization in his hands, Robinson talked her into firing Mularkey who was the coaches that got us 2 back to back winning seasons & a playoff win. Robinson know that colts will have a healthy Luck, Hou will be full force & the jags are 4 real with that defense. He’s going in babbbby 

16 minutes ago, VY said:

Agree. Last thing we needed was a slow, undersized WR that costs $15M+ annually. I'd rather spend something like $9M year (and maybe less who knows) on a pair of guys like Gabriel and Richardson. We have too many big ticket guys coming up to waste cap on someone like Landry.

Come on, now. I get not wanting to overpay (at least in Draft capital) to land him, but "the last thing we needed" is a hell of a stretch, when he would've easily been the best WR on our roster, slow or not.

1 minute ago, Andrei01 said:

Come on, now. I get not wanting to overpay (at least in Draft capital) to land him, but "the last thing we needed" is a hell of a stretch, when he would've easily been the best WR on our roster, slow or not.

I agree he’s not worth 15 mill annually he’s a slot catching machine that’s not a game changer, don’t tell me who his QB was it doesn’t matter said Deandre Hopkins an elite WR that makes 15 mill plus that will catch a ball & put up 1000 yards regardless the QB. 15 mill a yr I want a game changer 

36 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Anyone we can trade to the Browns? They going after all these vets.  Can we throw someone like Spain or Schwenke to them for like a 4th round pick lol 

Maybe we can take Duke Johnson off their hands if they're all in on Saquon Barkley.

34 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Maybe we can take Duke Johnson off their hands if they're all in on Saquon Barkley.

I don't think they have to give up Duke to make room for Barkley. He's more of a receiving option anyway, and the two could go together perfectly fine.

Archived