What QBs are most likely to replace the retiring QB greats?

patriotsheatyan

23 hours ago, footlunder said:

Wilson and Luck if his shoulder isn't shot.  Then Winston.  That's it. 

Everyone else is just good.  Of the notables: IMO Wentz is injury prone and will probably get injured again if he continues to run that often but he'll be good helped by a coach who understands the qb position.  Carr has bad pocket presence.  He's never going to be that guy until he's better dealing with pressure.  Watson, I don't even know how you can judge him.  O'brien created a one read college offense for him before he got hurt.  Garrappolo will be good helped by a coach who understands the qb position. 

Calling BS on that one; that's absolutely not true. Not only does O'Brien NOT run a one read offense, it's actually a very complicated system; the same one, in fact, that he used in New England. O'Brien has never dumbed down his offense for anyone, including his stint in college. That's why so many QB's struggle in his offense -  except for Watson, he excelled.

1 hour ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Calling BS on that one; that's absolutely not true. Not only does O'Brien NOT run a one read offense, it's actually a very complicated system; the same one, in fact, that he used in New England. O'Brien has never dumbed down his offense for anyone, including his stint in college. That's why so many QB's struggle in his offense -  except for Watson, he excelled.

O'Brien looked at what he did in college and brought it to the NFL for his rookie QB.  It's not more complicated.  I like Watson, he's going to be a good QB.  

28 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I'd love to hear how Winston is in any way shape or form going to be better than Wentz, Garappolo, Etc

His awareness and movement in the pocket are greater than any young guy including Wentz/Garappolo.  Bad, inconsistent o-line and on a pass-heavy team similar to Luck when he came into the league.  The Bucs D is complete TRASH.  His HC and QB coach are average/mediocre, unlike Wentz/Garappolo/Goff/Carr.  4k yards first two seasons in the NFL, 3rd season had had a shoulder injury - you can win with his arm.  I'm not a bucs or Winston fan, not a homer take.

I love how when talking about Jameis, the only positive thing anyone can ever think of is "4000 yards in his first 3 years'

Also, I don't know about anyone other than Carson here too much, but in absolutely no way does Jameis have superior pocket movement or awareness. Those are two of Wentz's greatest strengths.

In fact, I'd argue that those are two areas Jameis needs to improve on drastically if he is going to be any thing more than average for the rest of his career

4 hours ago, footlunder said:

O'Brien looked at what he did in college and brought it to the NFL for his rookie QB.  It's not more complicated.  I like Watson, he's going to be a good QB. 

No he didn't. O'Brien is running the same complicated offense in Houston, as he used in Penn State, which was the same E&P offense he used in NE. O'Brien did NOT simplify the system for Watson.

Archived