What QBs are most likely to replace the retiring QB greats?

patriotsheatyan

The NFL is going through a huge transition right now. Manning is gone and Brady/Brees/Ben/Rivers/Eli will be joining him soon. Rodgers might be joining them sooner than expected with an injured shoulder. Romo and Palmer are now gone.

The 06-11 time period is one of the worst stretches in history for drafting QBs. Almost every young QB who is primed to become elite after he has a good season collapses the next. 

Which young QBs have the best chance to replace the HoFers in your mind? Who are your top five QBs under 28? 

Goff

Wentz

Luck

Wilson

Trubisky

Pretty sure Luck & Wilson are under 28, right?

The QB pool is terrible. I don't know if there are any future HOFer's in that group. 

I do really like this draft class coming in and think there's 4 guys that could end up being really really good. (Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Jackson)

Plus I think Josh Allen and even Kurt Benkert have a shot to be above average QB's as well. I'm pretty sure the top 4 I listed above will be good and would be willing to bet that one of Allen/Benkert ends up being good as well. 

Ryan, Newton, and Stafford show flashes, but never really developed into consistent year in, year out, greats, as one would have liked. 

Luck I still think has potential, if he can ever get healthy. 

Under 28: some of the first year and second starters might be great in Wentz, Goff, Watson, and Jimmy G. 

Archived