The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

29 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I was making a general statement, should Case always throw to Treadwell (#4), when he has single coverage, and never go to Rudolph (#3), diggs (#2), Thielen (#1).

Cause people believe it's the wrong read and it must go to Treadwell cause he has cover zero. 

The concept of reading a defense is apparently lost on you. 

Because when you have the safety in 0 coverage and a receiver one on one with a corner in off coverage, that should become your primary read. Regardless of who the receiver is. 

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I would say that throwing a post route into the end zone to an open receiver against off coverage has a high probability of scoring than throwing a 5 yard out route to the far side of the field. 

I actually think the play was designed for Rudolph and he was running some cross action designed to get him open. He had to be the first read since he was supposed to be open early. Treadwell had a longer developing route and if Rudolph wasn’t open, Case could make a progression to Treadwell. 

One the other hand if you start on Treadwell and move to Rudolph he’s already past his window created by the cross action 

And anyway, you guys are complaining about a play that got a first down just because Treadwell was single covered, as if Treadwell has somehow established he's a sure thing beating single coverage. Treadwell didn't break open until after Case had thrown the ball.

55 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The concept of reading a defense is apparently lost on you. 

Because when you have the safety in 0 coverage and a receiver one on one with a corner in off coverage, that should become your primary read. Regardless of who the receiver is. 

Disagree, you still factor in who your throwing the ball to. Case could very well decided against that throw and instead go to his more reliable target picking up the first down.

The concept of reading a defense and still making a successful decision is lost on you

i can't even decide what to respond to here. 

The point here is that Keenum missed a TD throw. Whether that is because of a poor pre snap read, inability to move through a progression, or doesn't trust Treadwell, he missed an open TD.

An argument against that is "agenda driven".

47 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Disagree, you still factor in who your throwing the ball to. Case could very well decided against that throw and instead go to his more reliable target picking up the first down.

The concept of reading a defense and still making a successful decision is lost on you

He literally didn't look.

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Does a ring matter in this regard? It doesn't. Your talk is weak

Way to miss the point. Are you really trying to make a comparison between Big Ben and Keenum? Like Keenum has been good enough to garner the same benefit of the doubt that Big Ben has garnered? And somehow I'm the one with an agenda...

20 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

i can't even decide what to respond to here. 

The point here is that Keenum missed a TD throw. Whether that is because of a poor pre snap read, inability to move through a progression, or doesn't trust Treadwell, he missed an open TD.

An argument against that is "agenda driven".

Sounds like someone doesn't know the meaning of "agenda driven". Don't use words that are above your understanding.

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Sounds like someone doesn't know the meaning of "agenda driven". Don't use words that are above your understanding.

Neat. Maybe you need a refresher on the forum rules? Could you be more demeaning?

Go Vikings...

Archived