The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

1 hour ago, Purplexing said:

Keenum?

wcblack34 is wright about the receiving crew.  One more TE developing into a reliable pass receiver would do it.

Keenum hasn't exactly been reliable. Two bad games against Detroit and Pittsburgh. Played okay in Chicago. Tampa game was awesome. Green Bay game wasn't very good from an efficiency standpoint. MN could do better at the position, hopefully a healthy Teddy is the answer.

Thielen entered Week 7 as the only NFL wide receiver with at least five catches in every game this season, and he continued that streak by hauling in five catches for 41 yards; Thielen was also singled out by Vikings Radio Network analyst Pete Bercich for his effort and effectiveness as a blocker in the run game.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/7-Takeaways-from-the-Vikings-Win-Over-Baltimore/c06fca30-cd12-42e1-9d43-a496e11c6558?sf124243389=1

31 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Theilen was awesome again and got shafted a couple times by the refs. Treadwell showing up was a nice surprise too.

3 catches for 28 for Treadwell and 5 for 41 for Thielen. Very underwhelming for a starting duo. Perhaps Keenum is holding them back.

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

3 catches for 28 for Treadwell and 5 for 41 for Thielen. Very underwhelming for a starting duo. Perhaps Keenum is holding them back.

Could have been more

Thielen was grabbed a ton. Treadwell first play of the game should of been a DPI

Going against the best combo of DB's in the league right now.

16 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Treadwell and Thielen both played great today. Keenum was definitely a sore spot today but to be expected.

With Stefon Diggs and Michael Floyd out because of injuries, Minnesota needed a receiver to step up. Jarius Wright did just that, catching three passes for 54 yards, including a pair of diving grabs.

Wright: “I don’t think the coaches doubted me, otherwise, I wouldn’t have been out there. With me, it’s all about opportunities and God willing. I’m going to make the most out of every one of them. I’ve been here in Minnesota my whole career,’ it’s just a blessing to still be here. The team, they could have cut me, they could have let me go, but I’m still here. So there’s never once been the thought that I would love to be somewhere else.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/22/vikings-wr-jarius-wright-makes-most-of-rare-playing-opportunity/

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

With Stefon Diggs and Michael Floyd out because of injuries, Minnesota needed a receiver to step up. Jarius Wright did just that, catching three passes for 54 yards, including a pair of diving grabs.

Wright: “I don’t think the coaches doubted me, otherwise, I wouldn’t have been out there. With me, it’s all about opportunities and God willing. I’m going to make the most out of every one of them. I’ve been here in Minnesota my whole career,’ it’s just a blessing to still be here. The team, they could have cut me, they could have let me go, but I’m still here. So there’s never once been the thought that I would love to be somewhere else.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/22/vikings-wr-jarius-wright-makes-most-of-rare-playing-opportunity/

Wright has played well when he's been on the field.  I wonder what the disposition of Floyd will be when he returns from injury?  I'm not sure he is on the game day roster if everyone is healthy, personally.

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Treadwell needs to start using his strength in jump ball situations. You can clearly see his strength come into play on the slants and hitch routes, but when he’s been given a chance in the jump ball department, he’s let the defender out muscle him. 

I think he just needs to build that confidence. I think we're starting to see it but it's not quite there yet.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s very interesting, especially since Keenum hasn’t been throwing a lot of well placed footballs lately. 

Which means a lot of the incomplete balls thrown Thielen's way aren't even deemed catchable. For example, last week he had 5 catches on 12 targets. 

Vikings star receiver Stefon Diggs returned after missing the past two games. The wideout was used mostly on underneath drag routes early, catching four passes for 27 yards in the first half. Diggs didn't go deep much but caused a big pass interference in the fourth quarter with the score still close. The presence of Diggs helped open up Adam Thielen for another big day, earning 98 yards, five receptions and a TD on 10 targets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868422/article/case-keenum-leads-vikings-to-victory-over-browns

Archived