The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

1 hour ago, Purplexing said:

Look back a few frames to see the ball about to be released.  Look at the positions of the WR and CB THEN, not in the above frame when the ball was gone.

Further, once the QB starts his motion, he can't change direction with his arm.  If you think otherwise, go out on a field and try it.  Bradford decided on Thielen BEFORE this frame.

MMQBing for some unknown agenda - - - anti-Bradford?  anti-Thielen?  pro-Treadwell?  Give it a rest.

Your reading comprehension needs work. 

1 hour ago, Purplexing said:

Now, the real reason I came here.... after the NYG lost 4 WRs to injury, at least one for the season, does Spielman make a call to the Giants GM about a trade of a WR?  If so, who?

That's an easy call...you offer them Wright.  He offers the highest value for them and the most expendability for us.  

12 minutes ago, disaacs said:

That's an easy call...you offer them Wright.  He offers the highest value for them and the most expendability for us.  

Not sure, honestly Floyd might have more value than Wright. Floyd has served his suspension and is more the prototype for what they need to replace Beckham for the year. 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Not sure, honestly Floyd might have more value than Wright. Floyd has served his suspension and is more the prototype for what they need to replace Beckham for the year. 

Would any team want to trade for Floyd without seeing him in action for at least a few games?

40 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Would any team want to trade for Floyd without seeing him in action for at least a few games?

Agreed, which is why I feel it's an easy call.  There is really no tape on Floyd as of this season.  Wright is going to have higher value at this point...and I think overall would have more value because he actually has a contract beyond this year.  

9 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Agreed, which is why I feel it's an easy call.  There is really no tape on Floyd as of this season.  Wright is going to have higher value at this point...and I think overall would have more value because he actually has a contract beyond this year.  

Might just come down to team need. In the case of the Giants, they have two injured boundary WRs and an injured slot WR. If I'm the Giants, I'd rather roll the dice with Floyd than Wright given the difference in skill set. Honestly I don't think NY makes a move anyway because this season is a lost cause at 0-5.

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

What if they offered a first, or a second for Treadwell? You take it?

I don't believe this would happen, but just throwing a scenario out there for a desperate team.

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Might just come down to team need. In the case of the Giants, they have two injured boundary WRs and an injured slot WR. If I'm the Giants, I'd rather roll the dice with Floyd than Wright given the difference in skill set. Honestly I don't think NY makes a move anyway because this season is a lost cause at 0-5.

I do agree...it's just for the sake of the argument, but I don't think they'll do anything.  I certainly wouldn't.  The season's already over for them, unless somehow they can miraculously run off 11 in a row.  

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

What if they offered a first, or a second for Treadwell? You take it?

I don't believe this would happen, but just throwing a scenario out there for a desperate team.

Without hesitation. 

Treadwell, even if he continues to develop and progress, is likely to always be this team’s #3 receiver. 

Mid someone is offering you an 1st or 2nd round pick for your #3 receiver, you take it and run like Charlie Bucket. 

On 10/1/2017 at 6:12 PM, Klomp said:
On 10/1/2017 at 6:10 PM, VikeManDan said:

So Cook on IR opens spot for Floyd correct?

Well sure, but unlikely they go forward with just two RBs and a FB.....possible, but not likely.

Looks like the unlikely happened....Ridley (Cook's replacement on 53-man) released and Floyd activated.

12 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Looks like the unlikely happened....Ridley (Cook's replacement on 53-man) released and Floyd activated.

Yeah...I don't really understand this move. 

Archived