The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

We went out and got Floyd, even tho Treadwell and Wright were already signed. We signed him in the hopes he would recapture his best Arizona days and be the clear #3WR

Then why didn’t he get any snaps as the #3 receiver during the offseason? Floyd was slotted squarely with the second team. 

Maybe because he was signed as a cheap veteran backup, and insurance?

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Then why didn’t he get any snaps as the #3 receiver during the offseason? Floyd was slotted squarely with the second team. 

1. Because he wasn't even with with the team until late in the offseason, I believe at the start of training camp.
2. They had to plan for these first four weeks without him

The Vikings will need to make a roster move to make room for Floyd, suspended following a conviction earlier this year for extreme DUI. They have six wide receivers on the 53-man roster, so it’s very possible one could be let go. Minnesota has a pair of rookie receivers in Rodney Adams, a fifth-round selection, and Stacy Coley, who went in the seventh round. Adams has been inactive for all three games and Coley was inactive last Sunday against Tampa Bay. Coley got in for two plays from scrimmage in the opener against New Orleans and didn’t play in the second game at Pittsburgh.

Adams: “I’m not nervous about anything as far as Floyd coming back, I think I’ve done good. I’m just going out and helping the team every day in practice.’’

Harrison Smith: [Floyd's] staying in shape, working out. I know he’s excited to get back out there. He’s ready to go and to help the team any way he can.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/29/vikings-roster-move-needed-when-wr-michael-floyd-returns-next-week-to-roster/

27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Adams makes sense as the receiver to get cut, but there’s no guarantee that it’s another receiver who will be cut to make room. 

If the team doesn’t want to expose Coley they Adams, they could cut someone else. Collins, for example. 

Coley looked better as a receiver than Adams so I'd cut Adams and put him on the PS.

On 9/26/2017 at 8:50 AM, SemperFeist said:

Ever heard of coach speak? What’s Zimmer supposed to say when he’s asked about a player? 

Floyd very well could have a good rapport with Bradford, but that doesn’t mean that it’s a better rapport than what Bradford has with Wright or Treadwell. 

Did Zimmer make the same / similar comments about any/ all of the other receivers, including TEs, RBs?

How do you measure rapport, and how much does each WR have with Bradford, Keenum, Bridgewater?

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Coley looked better as a receiver than Adams so I'd cut Adams and put him on the PS.

Such a move might be temporary if Spielman tries & succeeds in trading Wright.... or, Treadwell.  

What's your assessment of Coley, Adams 'ceilings' relative to that of Treadwell, Wright? 

4 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Such a move might be temporary if Spielman tries & succeeds in trading Wright.... or, Treadwell.  

What's your assessment of Coley, Adams 'ceilings' relative to that of Treadwell, Wright? 

I wouldn't trade Treadwell unless blown away with an offer. Trading Wright may not be a bad option, I don't think much separates Coley from Wright as the 5th WR when Floyd returns. 

Or maybe Floyd is traded to a WR needy team.

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I wouldn't trade Treadwell unless blown away with an offer. Trading Wright may not be a bad option, I don't think much separates Coley from Wright as the 5th WR when Floyd returns. 

Or maybe Floyd is traded to a WR needy team.

We have differing opinions on Treadwell. I would be ecstatic to get a 4th rounder for him. He hasn't shown many flashes. I would love it if he began to flash but my hope is rooted in purple Kool Aid more than objective reading of the evidence.

15 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

We have differing opinions on Treadwell. I would be ecstatic to get a 4th rounder for him. He hasn't shown many flashes. I would love it if he began to flash but my hope is rooted in purple Kool Aid more than objective reading of the evidence.

My concern with giving up on Treadwell so soon to only get a 4th would be depth. Floyd is only under contract for one more year and Diggs will soon have an expiring contract (priority to extend). 

if a team offered a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Treadwell, I'd certainly think long and hard about it.

Archived