The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

32 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m still not convinced that Floyd will be active.

I am.

“He does a lot of really good things that do not show up on the stat lines,’’ Zimmer said. “He’s an excellent blocker, he’s physical, he makes contested catches. … I think Sam (Bradford, the starting quarterback) has a good flow with him.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/01/michael-floyd-vows-not-to-be-hampered-by-4-game-nfl-suspension/

What have Wright and Treadwell done to keep him away? Nothing, as far as I'm concerned.

5 hours ago, Klomp said:

What have Wright and Treadwell done to keep him away? Nothing, as far as I'm concerned.

Then you haven’t really been watching. Just because they aren’t getting thrown at doesn’t mean they aren’t doing their job. Both Treadwell and Wright are consistently getting open, as are Diggs and Thielen. Plus, Treadwell has been doing very well as a blocker. 

Neither Wright or Treadwell have done anything that should suggest they should see their snap count decline. 

And we saw nothing from Floyd in the preseason to suggest he should be given snaps over Wright and Treadwell. 

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Then you haven’t really been watching. Just because they aren’t getting thrown at doesn’t mean they aren’t doing their job. Both Treadwell and Wright are consistently getting open, as are Diggs and Thielen. Plus, Treadwell has been doing very well as a blocker. 

Neither Wright or Treadwell have done anything that should suggest they should see their snap count decline. 

And we saw nothing from Floyd in the preseason to suggest he should be given snaps over Wright and Treadwell. 

So, what Zimmer observed about Floyd (re: Klomp's post) means nothing to you?

What 'we' saw means something to us.  'We' aren't seeing practice sessions, but coaches who decide on who plays, and in what circumstances, do.

There are prior seasons experience, practice sessions, and pre- and regular season games for use in a decision on snap counts of WRs.

Of note: Zimmer mentions a rapport between Bradford and Floyd, which developed in a fairly short time.

1 hour ago, Purplexing said:

So, what Zimmer observed about Floyd (re: Klomp's post) means nothing to you?

Ever heard of coach speak? What’s Zimmer supposed to say when he’s asked about a player? 

1 hour ago, Purplexing said:

Of note: Zimmer mentions a rapport between Bradford and Floyd, which developed in a fairly short time.

Floyd very well could have a good rapport with Bradford, but that doesn’t mean that it’s a better rapport than what Bradford has with Wright or Treadwell. 

I still believe it'll be Rodney Adams that will be cut when Floyd returns...and Floyd will automatically take snaps away from Treadwell.  I understand your impression of Floyd, Semper...but I believe it's a wrong impression.  He had a bad year last year, but prior to that, he was clearly on the way to becoming the heir apparent to Fitz in Arizona...it was his personal life decisions that derailed him there.  Plus, I'm not sure what you can take from the preseason, other than the fact that he was often on the 2nd team, which has to tell you something about their impression of him.  It certainly doesn't mean that he's going to be on the inactive roster when he returns.

The list of wideout duos better than the Vikings' Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen is either short or non-existent. Both players are just hitting their prime, taking their understanding and ball skills to another level this season. (Thielen ranks second and Diggs ranks third in receiving yards thus far.) Keenum deserves credit for some pretty passes Sunday on his way to 369 yards, but Diggs and Thielen deserve even more love for making aggressive plays at the point of attack.

Gregg Rosenthal, NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000851843/article/the-debrief-week-3-winners-and-losers

a 5th and a UDFA..., ha! Spielman.

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I expect Floyd to be our #3 WR within 2 games, assuming he is in game shape.

He is more talented then Wright and Treadwell.

I respectfully disagree.  I think Treadwell, the longer he plays, the move confidence he develops.  Treadwell will be a weapon for the offense very soon.  I really don't see anything special about Floyd.

41 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I respectfully disagree.  I think Treadwell, the longer he plays, the move confidence he develops.  Treadwell will be a weapon for the offense very soon.  I really don't see anything special about Floyd.

I personally haven't seen the evidence of Treadwell being a weapon either.  Floyd, at the very least, has a track record of some success in the NFL.  

15 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I personally haven't seen the evidence of Treadwell being a weapon either.  Floyd, at the very least, has a track record of some success in the NFL.  

I agree. There isn't anything special about Treadwell. Floyds skill set is arguably much better. Other concerns have negatively impacted Floyds ability to develop but nothing points to Treadwell overcoming his issues either. 1-2 catches per game by Treadwell isn't going to change my outlook of him.

Exactly, Floyd has shown a huge amount more then 1-2 catches per game by Treadwell.

If Floyd was only going to be in our game plan for 1-2 catches per game (still), he would have been released much earlier.

The fact that he is still on the roster, singles to me that we have hopeful plans to get him into that #3 WR role (at least for this year, at this moment)

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

If Floyd was only going to be in our game plan for 1-2 catches per game (still), he would have been released much earlier.

This is the biggest thing I look at too. If there wasn't a plan for him, he wouldn't be here. They wouldn't have stuck their neck out as a franchise for him.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Depth? Diggs doesn’t exactly have a history of staying healthy. 

You could say the same about Wright. What was the point in keeping him if the plan was for him to only see 1-2 catches per game.

We went out and got Floyd, even tho Treadwell and Wright were already signed. We signed him in the hopes he would recapture his best Arizona days and be the clear #3WR

Archived