The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

Plus, it's unlikely that Floyd is on the team next year. 

Floyd is still looking for that first big, multi-year payday. And while he may never get it, he's certainly not going to get it here. And with Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, and Treadwell taking away targets, it's unlikely that he ever gets the opportunities to show other teams he's deserved a big contract. 

This year, Floyd signed with the Vikings to prove that he can stay clean and sober. Next year he'll sign with a different team to show that he can be a big time starter. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Plus, it's unlikely that Floyd is on the team next year. 

Floyd is still looking for that first big, multi-year payday. And while he may never get it, he's certainly not going to get it here. And with Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, and Treadwell taking away targets, it's unlikely that he ever gets the opportunities to show other teams he's deserved a big contract. 

This year, Floyd signed with the Vikings to prove that he can stay clean and sober. Next year he'll sign with a different team to show that he can be a big time starter. 

That's quite possible and I tend to agree...unless he does truly want to settle in somewhere, even if it's as the 3rd/4th WR.  

48 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Treadwell's value likely declines the longer MN hangs onto him. It's probably not likely MN would do anything but I'm not sure his role would be that hard to fill with someone else, barring injuries.

I think Treadwell is now healthier than he was at anytime last year.  He's had more time with the playbook.  He was running good routes last night and getting open but Bradford was not looking his way.  I think he starts making significant contributions sooner than later.  I would rather cut or trade Floyd before his return from suspension.

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think Treadwell is now healthier than he was at anytime last year.  He's had more time with the playbook.  He was running good routes last night and getting open but Bradford was not looking his way.  I think he starts making significant contributions sooner than later.  I would rather cut or trade Floyd before his return from suspension.

I know you'd rather do that, but that ain't gonna happen.  

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

I know you'd rather do that, but that ain't gonna happen.  

Neither is trading Treadwell, in my opinion.

I'm curious why you, among others, have faith in Floyd?  Except for one season when the Cardinals were really good, I haven't seen anything that makes him exceptional...or better than Treadwell' potential.

14 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Neither is trading Treadwell, in my opinion.

I'm curious why you, among others, have faith in Floyd?  Except for one season when the Cardinals were really good, I haven't seen anything that makes him exceptional...or better than Treadwell' potential.

He is a former 1,000 yd receiver, so clearly the potential is there...and up until last year, he had averaged over 16 yds per rec for the previous 3 years (2013-15), which put him at around the top 10-15 in the entire NFL.  If he can stay on target, he'd be a tremendous weapon to have, as he can stretch the field even moreso than the others on the roster.    

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Would like to see passes to Treadwell in the Redzone.

Corner End zone Fade .... let him own that.

I also want to see him run-blocking in the Redzone. He has the potential to be one of the top 2-3 blocking wide receivers in the game. If he starts catching TD's down there, it will really open up what our redzone offense can do. 

5 hours ago, Klomp said:

I just gotta say....

If by some chance the Vikings get to and win the Super Bowl this season, someone in Hollywood needs to get started on a movie based on the true story of Adam Thielen

Disney seems to love the underdog story!

I remember watching that play live. He had a couple plays that I thought he had gotten open but Thielen and Diggs were cooking. I am interested to see if he gets some more opportunities the next couple weeks with Diggs and Thielen taking a lot of attention away.

In spite of the addition of Hayden, I think Viking receivers match up well against Pittsburg's secondary.  Treadwell could very well be an impactful player on Sunday.  It all depends on how much time Bradford has in the pocket...doesn't it always come down to that???

Archived