The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Good route running, technique (winning their routes) and strong ability to get separation make these guys special. Top 5 tandem.

Thielen and Diggs are our best WR tandem since...Berrian and Rice? Moss and Carter?

Moss and Carter.  Berrian and Rice can't even be in the conversation.  It's almost laughable to even bring them up period.    

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:
Thielen and Diggs are our best WR tandem since...Berrian and Rice? Moss and Carter?

I'd give an honorable mention to Moss and Burleson in 2004......Moss had down numbers in his last year here, but Burleson went over 1,000 yards with 9 TDs.

15 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Were Rice and Harvin ever together and healthy at the same time?

That'd be a more valid comparison, since Rice and Harvin were the leading receivers in '09...Berrian was 3rd on that chart.  But, both Thielen and Diggs are nearly halfway already to both Harvin and Berrian's totals from '09, I still don't think it's really a competition.  I think they've already surpassed any combination of Rice, Harvin, and Berrian.  

@SemperFeist I think that's a simplistic way to look at it. Seems to me that other teams still don't respect him as a threat. 

In any case, the Vikings got a steal with the deal that he signed this year. Look at the contracts for Marvin Jones, Markus Wheaton, Kenny Stills, Mike Wallace, etc signed. Great job by the font office.

I'm so happy that I turned out to be wrong about him. Before last year I was on the "JAG WR, replaceable special teamer" track with him.

I think Thielen is the best route runner in the NFCN, guy is streaking in the open so much. I don't buy the "they don't respect him" part, but I can see then having hands full with the Diggs-Thielen-Rudolph combinating, all while trying to keep a presentable box to block Cook.

The OL is doing work these days.

Dug a gem out of our archives from one poster:

I think we are all rooting for Thielen because he's the hometown boy but he just doesn't the potential to bring anything exciting, ever. He could be a decent 5th/6th WR and special teamer but doesn't have the tools to go beyond that.
----
You sure you're not wearing Purple Glasses a bit there? Or hometown, Vince Papale from Invincible glasses? 

He's not cut out to be "excellent" at anything in the NFL. If he makes our roster or any roster, it's going to be because he scrapped his way on, became a favorite of a particular coach, or the team was THIN at WR. 

Don't get me wrong, I like what I have seen and heard from Adam, but he isn't going to be any type of differene maker in the NFL.

Archived