The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Rewatching some of the game, one thing that will get overlooked in this game is Treadwell. 

Bradford may not have the chemistry/trust in him yet, but Treadwell was getting open. And that's a very good thing to see. 

Happy to see him getting some snaps and snagging what I believe was his only target. The only way is up from here!

Serious question.  If Diggs and Theilen continue to perform as well as they did last night, and if Treadwell develops chemistry with Bradford in the next two weeks.  What, if anything, is Floyds' role upon return from suspension?

6 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Serious question.  If Diggs and Theilen continue to perform as well as they did last night, and if Treadwell develops chemistry with Bradford in the next two weeks.  What, if anything, is Floyds' role upon return from suspension?

He's likely the one who's a healthy scratch, and used if there's an injury along the way. But I also wouldn't be shocked if he's released. He certainly did not stand out or impress during preseason  

Because of his suspension, I don't think his contract becomes guaranteed until he's on the roster in week 5. If the receiving corps is running well over the 1st 4 games, Floyd may not be needed. 

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He's likely the one who's a healthy scratch, and used if there's an injury along the way. But I also wouldn't be shocked if he's released. He certainly did not stand out or impress during preseason  

Because of his suspension, I don't think his contract becomes guaranteed until he's on the roster in week 5. If the receiving corps is running well over the 1st 4 games, Floyd may not be needed. 

My thoughts as well.

I thought that Floyd did fine in the preseason and don't see any way that he'd be cut.  He'll be a valuable receiver, as he's probably one of, if not the best blockers amongst the receivers and still is a fairly consistent receiver with far more upside than any of the others outside of Diggs and Thielen.  It's far more likely that it's either Adams or Wright that gets cut.  

I guess another question that could be asked, at what point do we entertain the idea of trading Treadwell? Diggs and Thielen are legit starters. Floyd should be a decent third WR. Wright is fine as a 3rd WR. Diggs injury history is somewhat worrisome.

No one saw Thielen emerging as he did when Treadwell was drafted, but does he potentially have more value to another team than the Vikes as a 3rd/4th WR?

13 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I guess another question that could be asked, at what point do we entertain the idea of trading Treadwell? Diggs and Thielen are legit starters. Floyd should be a decent third WR. Wright is fine as a 3rd WR. Diggs injury history is somewhat worrisome.

No one saw Thielen emerging as he did when Treadwell was drafted, but does he potentially have more value to another team than the Vikes as a 3rd/4th WR?

That'd be way down the road.  I wouldn't even entertain the idea until 2018, more likely 2019.  Diggs will likely get his extension next year, and Jarius Wright's salary will probably fall off, so there's no need to do anything with Treadwell until 2019.  

Archived