NFL News & Notes

Leader

Lol. Sorry, but you're all wrong. This is the NFL. This isn't the freight team at the Home Depot, this is the NFL. Those intangibles matter.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/15/mike-vick-to-lamar-jackson-put-a-brace-on-it-lets-go/

I'm not saying it's right or fair, I'm saying these are the facts.

Jackson has destroyed his credibility as a leader in this league. Rumblings of teammates believing he should be playing? He's done.

If you think differently, just remember Jay Cutler. Players actively calling him out when he hurt his knee in the first half, played multiple series with it, took a hit at the knee by Walden, kept playing through it - after multiple hits - and still got called out.

Don't be foolish and act like this isn't Jackson choosing money over his team. That matters in this league. It was a PCL strain, he's been given clearance, and Michael Vick just reminded him that he (Vick) played an entire season with a torn MCL.

Jackson just chose a contract that he won't finish over the chance to win a Super Bowl. And before you pull the whole, "He's a human looking out for himself," crap, stop. Daunte Culpepper got a 59 million dollar contract after tearing his knee up before he was even recovered from it.

Jackson could shred his knee to oblivion and still make more than he'd ever need. The difference is maybe two million per year on his next contract if he tore his knee to shreds today.

23 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

also the team just extended roquan smith. if they wanted jackson on the field, they should give him the long term deal.

baltimore ravens are content losing this year. 

Don't give me this.

Don't embarrass yourself.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2022/9/11/23347213/report-lamar-jackson-declined-6-year-290-million-deal-baltimore-ravens-qb-nfl-news

If this deal is wrong by 100 million dollars, Jackson declined 190 million dollars, and more than he's worth.

You're out of your damn mind if you're defending Jackson.

https://sportsnaut.com/baltimore-ravens-lamar-jackson-final-contract-offer/

Every report out there shows a minimum offer of 250 million dollars.

Jackson has delusions of grandeur and he's an idiot who has destroyed his career.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Lamar playing this week on a bad knee would be dumb on every level.  BAL is obviously going to franchise him in the off-season.  The question is whether Lamar will try to pull a Le'Veon Bell after he's tagged.  That would be dumb.

He won't.    They'll either tag him and work out a long-term extension, or they'll trade him for a boatload of picks.  You think New York (Jets) wouldn't gladly hand that over?  Or Indianapolis.

No other team would have committed so much to the running style, heavy TE usage the Ravens did for Jackson.

The Ravens made Jackson, then offered him somewhere between 225-290 million dollars to keep him.

You can suck on his rushing numbers all you want, but if you add his rushing and passing, you're talking about a QB who has had a single 4,000 yard season. Everyone slobbering all over his rushing ability neglects the fact that he is the most pedestrian passer out there.

Over 4 years, adding his passing AND rushing yards and touchdowns, Jackson has averaged 3950 yards, 28.5 touchdowns and 15 turnovers per year.

He is not an elite QB, he does not deserve elite QB money.

• Like 1

I thought I was right before I knew the Ravens offered him 200-290 million.

Once I Googled that and saw  the Ravens offered him a monster deal, I went down to zero respect for Lamar.

He's a ****ing moron, and I don't feel sorry for what's coming to him.

He's about to go to a team that's not going to cater to his style, he's going to have to fit a scheme that's not tailored to fit him, and he's not going to live out whichever overpaid contract he gets.

And the team that gets him is going to give up a lot to get him, which means they won't be able to put the pieces around him the Ravens have, which means he's a dead man walking in terms of legacy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. Sorry, but you're all wrong. This is the NFL. This isn't the freight team at the Home Depot, this is the NFL. Those intangibles matter.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/15/mike-vick-to-lamar-jackson-put-a-brace-on-it-lets-go/

I'm not saying it's right or fair, I'm saying these are the facts.

Jackson has destroyed his credibility as a leader in this league. Rumblings of teammates believing he should be playing? He's done.

If you think differently, just remember Jay Cutler. Players actively calling him out when he hurt his knee in the first half, played multiple series with it, took a hit at the knee by Walden, kept playing through it - after multiple hits - and still got called out.

Don't be foolish and act like this isn't Jackson choosing money over his team. That matters in this league. It was a PCL strain, he's been given clearance, and Michael Vick just reminded him that he (Vick) played an entire season with a torn MCL.

Jackson just chose a contract that he won't finish over the chance to win a Super Bowl. And before you pull the whole, "He's a human looking out for himself," crap, stop. Daunte Culpepper got a 59 million dollar contract after tearing his knee up before he was even recovered from it.

Jackson could shred his knee to oblivion and still make more than he'd ever need. The difference is maybe two million per year on his next contract if he tore his knee to shreds today.

jay cutler had a pissy attitude and made bad decisions. he probably was not enjoyable to be around. jackson has done everything right at every turn on his rookie deal. enough is enough. 

i am not saying this isn't jackson is choosing money over his team. i am saying he should choose money over this chance at a super bowl run. careful with those strawmans. 

daunte culpepper was not an agile athlete like jackson is. much less dependent on his knees. apples and oranges. 

michael vick is the poster child for intangibles getting overlooked for elite talent, at least pre-deshaun watson. 

if jackson shreds his knee, he is getting another 1 year prove-it deal.

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

jay cutler had a pissy attitude and made bad decisions. he probably was not enjoyable to be around. jackson has done everything right at every turn on his rookie deal. enough is enough. 

i am not saying this isn't jackson is choosing money over his team. i am saying he should choose money over this chance at a super bowl run. careful with those strawmans. 

daunte culpepper was not an agile athlete like jackson is. much less dependent on his knees. apples and oranges. 

michael vick is the poster child for intangibles getting overlooked for elite talent, at least pre-deshaun watson. 

And the fact the Ravens offered him 250 million?

You’re wrong.

Edit: Didn’t even read this because I didn’t have to, but Daunte Culpepper had 609 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns the year before he tore his knee up you don’t even remember him. And that was in 2002. Only Cunningham and McNair had those kinds of rushing yardage, and Culpepper set the record for TD runs before CamNewton broke that record… Nine years later.

Edited by Outpost31

12 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

You are right on all counts.  The greed of some of these guys is astounding.  Take the damn money shut up and play.  My God.  He's really not that good.  Hope his career goes up in flames.  Any team offering multiple 1st round picks and a monster contract for this dude are going to get burned.  

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And the fact the Ravens offered him 250 million?

You’re wrong.

Edit: Didn’t even read this because I didn’t have to, but Daunte Culpepper had 609 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns the year before he tore his knee up you don’t even remember him. And that was in 2002. Only Cunningham and McNair had those kinds of rushing yardage, and Culpepper set the record for TD runs before CamNewton broke that record… Nine years later.

culpepper was big and had good downhill speed. he also had a rocket arm. apples and oranges. 

250 million for 6 years was a lowball offer, 133 million guaranteed. deshaun got 500 fully guaranteed. 

the cap is growing. 

Edited by HokieHigh

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

You are right on all counts.  The greed of some of these guys is astounding.  Take the damn money shut up and play.  My God.  He's really not that good.  Hope his career goes up in flames.  Any team offering multiple 1st round picks and a monster contract for this dude are going to get burned.  

i do think whatever team signs him is going to get burned. i also think there will be a team willing to roll that dice. 

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

culpepper was big and had good downhill speed. he also had a rocket arm. apples and oranges. 

250 million for 6 years was a lowball offer. deshaun got 500 fully guaranteed. the cap is growing. 

It’s not apples and oranges. Stop saying apples and oranges. It’s oranges and clementines. Very similar things. I literally just proved you wrong. Culpepper had one hundred yards less rushing than Jackson’s last two seasons in a completely different decade of football.

He tore his knee out.

He still got a massive deal.

You’re wrong, and you know you are.

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

i do think whatever team signs him is going to get burned. i also think there will be a team willing to roll that dice. 

He meant to quote me, not you. He disagrees with you. Jackson is being a selfish turd and destroying his credibility with any future teammates he might have.

7 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

250 million for 6 years was a lowball offer. deshaun got 500 fully guaranteed. the cap is growing. 

Lol, what? Deshaun Watson got a 5 year 230 million dollar deal.

I feel bad arguing with you because that one is embarrassing.

500 million? Watson got 200 million more than Aaron Rodgers career earnings?

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He meant to quote me, not you. He disagrees with you. Jackson is being a selfish turd and destroying his credibility with any future teammates he might have.

yes i knew it was an error and he agrees with you, that doesn't change what i am saying

500 million dollar deal. Lol.

@skibrett15, @Laces Out, I think you’re both off the hook for a while.

Attempting 50 yard field goals and Optional Team Activities aren’t quite as funny as a 500 million dollar deal over 5 years.

I thought over 12% of the cap was bad. Browns are paying 40-50% of the cap to Deshaun Watson.

HokieHigh, 500 million dollar man.